T-28B KE-113 and PA-13?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Is there an easy way to paint, or is there a decent Acrylic yellow on the market?

3_1.png

3_6.png

Just bought the decals for the KE-113....

FSM NP0712_23.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking that yellow is one of the worst to paint, regarding the number of pigments in the colour....I used to hate it when painting equipment yellow at my old job, because it always took ages for it to cover....
It feels like it's even worse when using acrylic yellow, much like white and red, a right bloody pain in the pooper! 😉😆😂
Is there a way to get around this, make life easier using acrylic yellow, make it cover better?

I see my friend. However the modern paints cover much bettter than the old ones. Of course applying with a brush still can cause a trouble with that. But the airbrushing is a different thing. Most of modellers gets in trouble because of being in rush and not preparing a model to coating properly. Also it is forgotten that many paints are dedicated for airbrushing what means these colours are pre-thinned. And this results in getting a very thin layer of the paint applied. Additionally, the peeling off of the acrylic paints forces a modeller to use a primer. Usually it is a light grey primer but why it can't be of the white or another tone.
The T-28 is yellow overall, so why don't use the yellow primer ,for instance the oil Humbrol 154. In the way you can get not only the nice primered surface but also the yellow background for applying of a thin coat of the acrylic yellow paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back