The Pictures from Hurricane Katrina......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn Les. I can honestly say I am fortunate eneogh not to have experienced anything like that before. Again I am really glad your family is okay and that your son was not under that tree when it came down. You, your family, and your whole town and region that got hit by the Hurricane is in me and wifes prayers. Good Luck and keep us posted on whats going.

I've been through a couple of hurricanes before, but nothing quite like that. The strongest I've ever been through was a category 2, where entire fishing communities lost everything as well as a few other people, and forests were levelled, but nothing even close to that! When Hurricane Juan swept through here a couple of years ago, two people died. We thought we had it bad. The devestation and loss in Louisiana and Mississippi has woken up a lot of people here in Nova Scotia as to just what a hurricane can really do.

You keep hangin' in buddy. Like I said, if you need anything at all let us know. You're a good man Dan, but look after yourself while your helping your neighbours.

Thanks alot fellas.. It really means alot to me, and Ill never ever forget the well wishes that u guys are sending my way....

Unfortunatly, u guys have not seen the worst pics yet... Still to come... Will post more alittle later...

And for the record, I have a $500 dollar deductable on my damage, and everything else is covered.... Adjuster will be here in about a week to asses the damage....

I have been through what was left of a Hurricane when it hit Europe and it leveled a bunch of Forests here in Germany and flooded some towns but nothing like what has happened by Katrina.

there is something here that cannot be measured during floods. the complete erasement of a property which Les, Meg and Ryan and many others have seen. Hopes, dreams shattered in just a few precious moments. guess it really comes down to what do you hold dear in your heart, and hopefully it is life. things such as home, deck, shop can be rebuilt and it just takes time. Floods are hellashish as I have been through several trying to move folk and belongings lout and you have to come to an agreement when those rushingwaters are so near to just let items stay where they are. As Les said let the agent handle it.....
Les, glad the guy is coming in a week as that sounds like pretty good time since there is so much destruction this has to be a bad nightmare for them as well

this whole mess should be a wakeup call for those that live on coastal shores all over America

Les, the pictures really make it hit home. That was way too close with your son and I am very glad that you guys came through okay physically. I know that it will be quite some time before everything gets back to normal down there. Help is only a phone call away my friend.

All of that is quite true erich... However, seeing as this is/wAS the biggest Hurricane to ever hit the USA, I think this is off the scale as far as danger while living on the coast... Ive been through many hurricanes, and this one went far beyond anything I have ever been witness to.... It really seems like a nuke went off in certain areas....

Here are some shots of my friends places, Paul and Sean... I pulled Seans' lifeless body from his house, and Paul is the guy I went to go find the other day... He is still missing... It pains me to look at the pics....

Say a prayer for these guys.... They always did it right, and both served with distinction in the military...

Attachments

• paul3_503.jpg
    paul3_503.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 411
  • paul2_778.jpg
    paul2_778.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 389
  • paul1_926.jpg
    paul1_926.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 389
  • sean2_171.jpg
    sean2_171.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 399
  • sean1_214.jpg
    sean1_214.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 408
Oh man, that's terrible. Makes me glad I live in Britain! Sorry to hear about your friends. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. You're a great man for going out for these people, keep safe!

Like I said, keep the faith. That sounds pretty hollow I know, but hell. People do survive some amazing things for quite long periods. They might just turn up yet. I sure hope so. I'm prayin' with ya man.

Thanks guys....

This is my friend Lloyds house, or whats left.... We had to hike in 3.5 miles to get into Pass Christian.... He was right on the water...

Attachments

• lb07_106.jpg
    lb07_106.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 308
  • lb06_721.jpg
    lb06_721.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 320
  • lb05_136.jpg
    lb05_136.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 323
  • lb04_148.jpg
    lb04_148.jpg