The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its either mass produced or a kit build jobbie. The stance reminds me of a Pietenpol Aircamper as these things get all sorts of clockwork hung on the front end with cowlings...or not !... to suit.

no, not any type of Piper, Taylorcraft, or Auster

What are the chances this thing was in the air this past weekend? Driving through Mojave on 14 I saw an aircraft very much like this in the air, I could not talk myself into what it was, but low wing, radial engine, same general shape as this, all fit.

T!

Hello Token,

I would think that there is little chance the aircraft you saw was Wildfire. Wildfire has been in a near-perpetual state of being almost flight ready for many years. I'd think that news of its second, first flight would have slipped out if it occurred. Now, the brotherhood at Mojave can be a secretive bunch, but I think someone would have said something of engine runs, then taxi tests, then high-speed taxi tests, all leading to air under the gear. I'd like to be wrong, and I want to see Wildfire fly, but I do not think it has.

Regards,

:twisted:very good, I think I will require serial numbers all the time for a correct answer :twisted:. The Rose Parakeet, later marketed in kit form as the Hannaford Bee

Rose_Parakeet.jpg

He smokes rope?

Whassat ? ....I smoke rope ? .... 'frayed knot' mate, they've been stringing you along :)

Have a go at this dirigible / seaplane / glider tank transporter / Jumbo / noisy fighter / space shuttle thingamyjig / doobreyfurkin ! (No, I don't want the Tail No... just what the pilot was smoking before he took off :) )

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back