The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Prototype was reported to have flown and crashed but not that finished version

How the HECK did you guess that? Unbelievable! :|

When I first saw the image I thought to myself "early flying boat"? The cloth skin, the round portholes, the cabin that in the portholes looked passenger'ish, etc. Then I remembered seeing that black mark, whatever it is, over the forward window before. I remembered I could not decide if it was something on the aircraft or if it was a mark on the photo. After that it was a matter of remembering where I saw that black mark before.

T!

OK, this one should be easy. Sorry, it is not my image.

Clue.jpg

T!

Looks a bit like a Ju88 Mistel without the warhead.
It does, actually

Göppingen Gö 9
Yes, well done!

It is indeed, the Göppingen Gö 9

Interesting story behind the Gö9, if it looks similar to a Do17, that's because it is actually a scaled down Do17! It was also one of the first German aircraft to employ a tricycle gear configuration.

The idea behind the Gö9, was to test a pusher layout and the effects of a long propeller shaft. The results were incorporated into the Do335's design.

Goppingen_Go9.jpg

Goppingen_Go9-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's maybe what I was thinking of, but the Aerovan had in-line engines - unless this is a version I don't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back