The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brilliant work on the Guppy Mark and great photo Grant. :thumbleft:

Mark - is your porthole from a twin-engined flying-boat that's still flying in the USA? Looks like morning/afternoon sun touching it - is it at an airport/field? Amphibian? Something the size of the Goose? Is that a hint of propeller far bottom right?

Mark - is your porthole from a twin-engined flying-boat that's still flying in the USA? Looks like morning/afternoon sun touching it - is it at an airport/field? Amphibian? Something the size of the Goose? Is that a hint of propeller far bottom right?

Sheesh...how many questions??? :)

Mark - is your porthole from a twin-engined flying-boat that's still flying in the USA?

Yes, although the sole airworthy example may not currently be flying.

Looks like morning/afternoon sun touching it - is it at an airport/field?

No and no...well, kindda on the latter. It's in a museum at an airport/field.

Amphibian?

Yes.

Something the size of the Goose?

No...bigger than a Goose.

Is that a hint of propeller far bottom right?

And, finally...no.

That's what's hard about it; you either know or you don't! You've given us plenty of hints...:p

Sikorsky JRS-1; has to be.

Yup...that's the puppy.

IMG_20171110_142142.jpg

It was out of the restoration area. I don't know if they have plans for a full restoration. Personally, I like seeing unrestored airframes because they have more visible history than some overly-clean, unblemished restoration job. Sadly, Joe Public doesn't see things the way I do...they just see an old, tatty aircraft and complain that the museum should do something about it.

Oh good, a nice easy one.

Aww c'mon you guys! Where's your sense of adventure! :D Okay, a couple of hints, it's not American, so that rules out the P-38, B-17 etc. The photo is taken of the only survivor of its type, so its rare and exists in a museum (yes, I did do a walkaround of it, but it hasn't been published yet). It's of a similar vein to Mark's which means its of a nautical persuasion. It was born out of a niche wartime requirement.

G'day Grant. Well, I don't wanna ask too many questions....so, the Saunders Roe SR.A/1 seems to fit your description above?
On the Wiki site I think I'm seeing that metal strip in that soft green light...

Grant.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back