The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Before we solve mjfur's offering...quick recap on the game rules...
The idea is simple...show a small part of a plane and everyone tries to guess what its from. Once the 'plane is correclty identified, the full picture is posted and then the winner posts a cropped image from their pictures...and so on and so on. This is not the same as the Aircraft Identification thread where the complete 'plane is shown for ID'ing
Just looked at Simons pic and it's the AESL Airtourer...originally manufactured by VICTA
I don't have any pics at the moment so will let mjfur carry the load for a bit
While I didn't post a full picture, I did post the wiki links for both the AESL Airtourer & CT/4 (which included pictures) in my post #10,368. Thought that was identified.

Somewhere in my stash of pics are views of three still in mil colors. They were in Mississippi and not registered in the US because the Atlanta FAA chief would only allow them registered "experimental" as he claimed they were "military warplanes." Four had been imported and one was registered normally in California, but apparently the Atlanta chief thought differently. At the time I took the photos, the small airport was closed, and the few other planes used the road through the private property. I have lost track of them as the area is now houses.

The specs look like a good aerobatic/utility trainer. The power loading looks like it could be a lot of fun. Does it have a negative G oiling and fuel system?
The wheels look disproportionately small to the rest of the airplane.
The power loading in the 150hp version was good, but the 100hp takes a bit of patience when it was hot. Apparently there is a SB limiting the 100hp to operating only below 36°C.
The 100/115/150 hp didn't have inverted oil systems.

The specs look like a good aerobatic/utility trainer. The power loading looks like it could be a lot of fun. Does it have a negative G oiling and fuel system?
The wheels look disproportionately small to the rest of the airplane.
I used to fly CT-4 (Air Trainer) s/n 001. It was modified to 210 hp, so the equivalent of a CT-4B. The latest ones are up around 300 hp.

Was a heap of fun to fly, although practice engine failures were exciting. Your landing field was whatever was just under the wingtip!

I don't think so. To me, it looks like a high-wing monoplane with bracing struts down to the lower fuselage. It also has a fixed undercarriage. However, I have ZERO clue as to what it might be.

Attachments

• img028.jpg
    img028.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • img033.jpg
    img033.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back