Two original photo's to share

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi all,
Picked these two up on ebay some time ago. One of Spitfire PRIB P9331, there is an old threat on this forum discussing this a/c and there are some more pics of this Spit around on the web. The other is a late 109G with an Erla build canopy but with a normal style tail rudder.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• Spitfire P9335_small.jpg
    Spitfire P9335_small.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Me109G-6 Erla Haube_small.jpg
    Me109G-6 Erla Haube_small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 304
Great photos, but I noticed two things about the second photo:
One, that Bf109 seems to be sitting at an odd angle...and in the background, that Luftwaffe aircraft has some odd bands on the fuselage, almost like Allied invasion strips...

I see what you mean about the angle...can't explain it though. The aircraft in the background has indeed two white bands across the fuselage but I don't think they are invasion stripes. The pilot too is dressed in all Luftwaffe gear.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• Me109G-6 Erla Haube_detail.jpg
    Me109G-6 Erla Haube_detail.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 276
I betcha its a collapsed landing gear on the port side. Look at the horizontal stabilizers and the distance to the ground - one is a mere inches while the other is..... I'm guess LG collapse.

I think that could well be the reason...didnt' notice the offset stabilizers before. I'm wondering if the pilot on the pic is the one piloting this a/c....he looks quiet relaxed. It would at least have raised my heart rate/minute.

Falke Eins beat me to it - Siebel Si 204D/E in Yellow training bands. The 109 undercarriage collapse may confirm a training base too.

Great photos Sander!

Great pic indeed. Thanks for the confirmation!!
Just wondering....can we get an ID on the Siebel on my pic? The code on the fuselage is 91.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back