** Unofficial ** 109 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

5 days to start. I have decided my (first) entry will be the Tamiya Bf109-G6, kit number 25204. I will be doing the Yellow 1.

Tamiya 25204.JPG

JG54 Yellow 1.jpg

And since the kit also comes with an 'extra', a Kubel wagen, and, I had time on my hands, I believe building the Kubelwagen will not violate the 'starting-before-begin-date. rule?

If so I'll just have to pick something else! In any case, here is the Kubelwagen. And someone, please, tell me why anyone details character figures on a regular basis??

Kubelwagen Front.jpg

Kubelwagen Port Front2.jpg

Kubelwagen Port Rear.jpg

Kubelwagen SB Front.jpg

Kubelwagen port Rear2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
5 days to start. I have decided my (first) entry will be the Tamiya Bf109-G6, kit number 25204. I will be doing the Yellow 1.

View attachment 751385
View attachment 751384

And since the kit also comes with an 'extra', a Kubel wagen, and, I had time on my hands, I believe building the Kubelwagen will not violate the 'starting-before-begin-date. rule?

If so I'll just have to pick something else! In any case, here is the Kubelwagen. And someone, please, tell me why anyone details character figures on a regular basis??

View attachment 751386
View attachment 751387
View attachment 751388
View attachment 751390
View attachment 751389
looks great Ralph.

your GB, your rules ! :lol:

Decided mine: Bf 109H Stuffe 1a. To be (slightly) converted from either the Mark Miniatures or MPM Bf 109H-1 kits (probably the latter)

Considering an OOB build for camo practice too, of either Erich Hartmann's white-washed Bf 109G-6 (or possibly G-14) or a Hungarian G-6 (V8+31), from the Academy kit.

Last edited:
ok i'll confirm my entry.

Bf 109 E-4 Yellow 2 of Jg 2 flown by Helmut Wick.
i'll be using the airfix kit i have and spare decals i have collected as this will be part 3 of a 4 part build of Wick's Bf 109 E-4 W.Nr 5344.
i have already done this E-4 marked with a double chevron with white recognition markings and again when it was re painted with yellow.
i may repaint the white nosed model as i used the wrong colour for RLM 71, need to check how many bluebirds, Jg2 and Horrido badges i have left first .

1702394093627.png

Last edited:
I'd love to join in, as I have another 6 BoB period '109E's to do, plus a belly-landed '109G-2, but I'm going to be fully occupied with the B-24 diorama, as well as finishing the second Andover model for Gp. Cpt. Dougie Barr.
However, I also have a 2-seat Buchon conversion to do for my friend Max, which I intend to work on during breaks from the B-24.
If this fits the bill, then I'm in.

The Unofficial Bf 109-x GB begins tomorrow.

The build threads should be posted in: Modeling Section -> Group Builds - Unofficial -> Airplanes.

Thread Titles should appear similar to:

Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 'Scale' 'Model of Choice'

i.e. in my case Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109 G-6

First info should contain:

Username:
First name:
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Scale:

It appears that there are some members that would like to participate but have lots on their current build plates. I would then like too make this as inclusive as possible by offering an extremely long build window. Traditional GB's are currently 4 months, start to finish. I will extend this build to 6 months, hoping to draw in as many 109 entries as possible. So, the build, starting 12/15/2023 will end Saturday 6/15/2024.

As noted in an earlier post, I would like to have all entries recognized for the efforts and the skills invested. If I can figure out how, at the conclusion, I will offer, like typical GB's, a members poll, Different though, I would propose each voter having 3 votes. This way the voter can select a 'standout' in the three build categories; Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced. There are no non-compete entries!

Let the flash start flying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back