Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/72 Bf 109H-1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cockpit vents in progress...
20240416_002936.jpg

20240416_004018.jpg

The real thing:
20240416_001358.jpg

Cheers Hugh.
Tail wheel lock handle improved.
Still a touch big, may improve it yet.
View attachment 773436View attachment 773437
The level of detail at such a small scale is very impressive, good sir. Your attention to detail, seeing things thru no matter the difficulty, I simply can't wait until the complete project, I Believe it will be simply amazing. Your work just blows my mind.

Wow, cheers guys! I hope I can do your high praise justice.

At the moment, considering what to do with the cockpit vents. I improved one, destroyed the other trying same (too small, couldn't see properly), and then started to think that if this is based on a G-5 airframe, which was pressurised, would they even have them..?
Scouring the net, I found a photo of a restored G-14 (also pressurised), which has a sheet metal covering over the port vent assembly. The stbd side assembly is completely absent.
The Eduard G-5 instructions call for removing the port assembly altogether, but not the stbd.
I need to find an accurate photo or diagram of the G-5 cockpit itself to find out for sure ...and that said, was the H-1 even pressurised, though built from G-5 airframes??? Always so many questions! :)

Here's a pic of that G-14 cockpit, basically a pressurised G-6.
2161113 (1).jpg

Source: Airliners.net

Last edited:
Sorry for lack of progress recently guys. Had a few days of actual sunshine (my god!) so spent it painting the fence and stuff. Just the deck to go.

Tried to do a little on the 109H-1 tonight, but only succeeded with the stbd vent (can't remove the etched PE vent base panel, so decided to just install them).
This is as good as my eyes will allow at moment, so it will have to do.
20240428_001451.jpg

Still gotta sort the port one out, it didn't want to cooperate tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back