Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

here is how I pack them for taking to competitions, 4-5 plastic bags layered to create a cussion of air....never broken one..not sure on the best way to ship them haven't had to do that with any aircraft models.

Thanks, Wayne. Do appreciate it. I have a shipping problem that I need to resolve and your pics were helpful. Now if I could just ship as well as you construct, my build might just be overlooked...

Cheers.

Ok as a new week is about to start so a new aircraft moves into the light.

This next subject has always been one that I always wanted to do in 1/48 scale, whe it was finally released by Finemolds in Japan I ordered one immediately.....

The Mitsubishi A7M1 Reppu (Hurricane) 'Sam'.
Imperial Japanese Navy Experimental Carrier Fighter.

The A7M was to be the successor to the famous A6M 'Zero'. The initial design called for a 2200hp engine, however the Japanese Navy demanded a lesser powered engine to be used, in the Nakajima NK9K Homare.
The A7M1 prototype took to the air for the first time in May 1944, during trials it showed excellent flight characteristics but pilots reported it was decidedly under powered.
The Navy department then reversed it's decision and approved the use of the original Mitsubishi MX9A, a more powerful engine, this now required a redesign of the forward fuselage further delaying the development of the Reppu, coupled with other unforeseen events the new fighter was thus prevented from reaching production status before the end of hostilities.
Reportedly only 10 prototype and Pre-production aircraft were completed before the end of WW II.

This one took first place in Adelaide and Melbourne in 2004, Best Axis Prop aircraft "Props jets and Rotors" Comp S.A.

The Reppu is a big mother, a P-47 sized aircraft!

Attachments

• 1_A7M1_4154.JPG
    1_A7M1_4154.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 2_A7M1_4160.JPG
    2_A7M1_4160.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 3_A7M1_4159.JPG
    3_A7M1_4159.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 109
Hadn't noticed how much dihedral there was on the outter wing panels before. Well done, Wayne!! It's amazing what you can learn by building models.

It really amazes me that it won 3 First Place Trophies Wayne... I think thats the first one u have posted thats won more than 2.....

Outstanding....

Thanks fellas.....actually Dan a couple of the others have scored 3 but it's a matter of remembering the extras....

next shots up!

Attachments

• 4_A7M1_4156.JPG
    4_A7M1_4156.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 5_A7M1_4157.JPG
    5_A7M1_4157.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 6_A7M1_2831.jpg
    6_A7M1_2831.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 110
Very cool Wayne and well done! sure does deserve it! Like Karl that last pic is awesome! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back