We need a better WW2 Aviation VR.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 31, 2024
I've been playing Warplanes: Battles Over Pacific lately, but it just isn't good enough. The developers have another game called Warplanes: WW2 Fighters that is available on most consoles, and has dozens of fighters, bombers, and everything inbetween from Great Britain, America, the USSR, Germany, and Japan. And yet, the aformentioned VR game is severely lacking! It focuses almost solely on American fighters from the Pacific Theatre, with a couple of Japanese planes and an Australian Spitfire for some reason. It even has planes that aren't in the console game. Their WW1 VR game is acceptable, it at least has some mediocre bombers, but the WW2 VR game forces you to use limited dive-bombing capabilites of your fighters. I feel like it wouldn't be difficult to port over their models and build some cockpits. What I wouldn't give to fly a B-17 or a Bf-109...

Anyways, the Meta Quest store doesn't have any other WW2 Aviation games. Does anyone know of any in developement, or just have anything to add or mention? (If someone knows how to message the devs of the above games, that would be good to know.)

I've been playing Warplanes: Battles Over Pacific lately, but it just isn't good enough. The developers have another game called Warplanes: WW2 Fighters that is available on most consoles, and has dozens of fighters, bombers, and everything inbetween from Great Britain, America, the USSR, Germany, and Japan. And yet, the aformentioned VR game is severely lacking! It focuses almost solely on American fighters from the Pacific Theatre, with a couple of Japanese planes and an Australian Spitfire for some reason. It even has planes that aren't in the console game. Their WW1 VR game is acceptable, it at least has some mediocre bombers, but the WW2 VR game forces you to use limited dive-bombing capabilites of your fighters. I feel like it wouldn't be difficult to port over their models and build some cockpits. What I wouldn't give to fly a B-17 or a Bf-109...

Anyways, the Meta Quest store doesn't have any other WW2 Aviation games. Does anyone know of any in developement, or just have anything to add or mention? (If someone knows how to message the devs of the above games, that would be good to know.)

The PC game 'Cliffs of Dover' is working on implementing VR.
This is due to happen this year. So far there are two releases:

'Cliffs of Dover: Blitz',
and
'Desert Wings: Tobruk'

A new game is also planned for release this year based on the Dieppe Raid. The B17, early Mustang, FW190 and Typhoon will be new flyable in that release, as well as updated Marks of existing planes (such as Bf109G and Sptfire).
Planes are being added chronologically as the games are released; so there aren't any late war planes yet.
Future planned releases (the next one after Dieppe is released) will include the Lancaster, and night fighters.

Cliffs of Dover is one of the best flight simulator/ games available for PC.
See here for more information:

Typhoon screenshots:

B17 and Dieppe info:

The games are available from Steam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back