What aircraft did you spot today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a few minutes ago, I was out in the yard and heard a distinct engine sound: two radials getting closer, so I waited for it to appear and lo and behold, a Beechcraft 18 on approach to Redding Airport (RDD)!

(Here's the crappy cellphone photo)
20220527_134424.jpg

Just a few minutes ago, I was out in the yard and heard a distinct engine sound: two radials getting closer, so I waited for it to appear and lo and behold, a Beechcraft 18 on approach to Redding Airport (RDD)!

(Here's the crappy cellphone photo)
View attachment 671119
A synced pair of 985s, a symphony to the ears! Never could relate to the turbine converted 18s. Something sacrilegious about that.

Not today, but about three weeks ago, heard an unusual sounding aircraft flying over which turned out to be an Osprey headed to the local airport. The first I have seen on ground or air.

Was driving home from errands the other day and drove down the road paralleling the hard surface runway at our local airport (KHYR Sawyer County Airport) and noted the Cessna 172 taxiing out for take-off. Down by the FBO was what really caught my eye. It wasn't in a good place to stop and try to take a picture, so this will do.

30428478446_43d0dbb6b8_b.jpg

Dassault Falcon 900. Probably execs from either the Louisianna-Pacific plant or Jack Links. We get a fair number of biz jets but it's still rare to see ones with legs this long.

I think ya doing an amazing job there - Dave! Interesting variety of aircraft pass by you.
I always fumble with the phone - and by the time I'm ready - the aircraft is gone.
I missed a CAC Wirraway two days ago.
I hope ya believe me. :confused:
I only was able to catch a shot with my cell, because I was sitting in the yard checking the latest posts on here!

When I heard the rounds, I quickly switched to camera mode - typically, I leave this crappy cellphone in the house, so luck was with me.

And that's a shame about the Wirraway, I'd love to get a shot of one airborne, myself!

A C-130 Yesterday. They are not often flying over this area. At the old house, located within sight of N.O. International (MSY), I used to set the radio to the tower and had plenty of time to go outside to see what was coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back