What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did this yesterday but was too worn out to post last night. Went 40 miles east of Fresno and for this first time in 36 years used my 22 and my 'boomstick". That's what I call my 12 gauge. My neighbor was there with his guns and I got to fire an SKS and a Mossin nagant. My right hand is sore from the recoil of "Mr Boomstick" but well worth the soreness.

I had a Mosin Nagant 91/30 never put many rounds thru it with that long barrel she had a little more kick even though the charge is in line with the 30-06.

I put a limb saver on the 12 gauge which helps a lot. The first time I went out with it a friend of mine tried it. He sighted it like a 22 against my advice and quickly got slapped on the cheek by it. He became afraid of it after that. My only complaint with the Mosin is that it is so heavy to use after a few minutes. Outside of that it is fun. The bolt is a little stiffer than what I expected as well. The Savage sounds like it be even more fun to fire. We tore steel targets all to pieces with the Mosin nagant. Definitely a penatrator. My friend shot a small rock and we had gravel flying all over the place. I was using 3 inch magnums for the first time. Until I put the limb saver on I wasn't about to fire the magnums or the slugs. The Stevens 94F isn't exactly easy on the shoulder with some type of recoil pad.

Last edited:
The Savage sounds like it be even more fun to fire. We tore steel targets all to pieces with the Mosin nagant. Definitely a penetrator. My friend shot a small rock and we had gravel flying all over the place. .

Yes it is!as most 30cal are.I shot off-hand a steel drop box which had a casing 1/8" plate on all sides at 50yds I shot thinking I had missed it?Walking down to the target I did not small hole up front and bigger in the back 1/4" steel.The box never moved! Last comment about guns in this thread we have another for that purpose ;)

I went to the end of Southend Pier for a walk in the wind (its 1 1/3 miles long) when two Spits flew over, closely followed by the Dakota of the RAF BOB flight. Then approx 20 minutes later both Lancaster's went overhead flying fairly low as they were in the circuit to land at Southend Airport. Only downside is that I didn't have a camera with me. Absolute surprise and totally unexpected.

I went to the end of Southend Pier for a walk in the wind (its 1 1/3 miles long) when two Spits flew over, closely followed by the Dakota of the RAF BOB flight. Then approx 20 minutes later both Lancaster's went overhead flying fairly low as they were in the circuit to land at Southend Airport. Only downside is that I didn't have a camera with me. Absolute surprise and totally unexpected.

That had to be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back