What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds like your having a ball Maria.

As for me, got my new ears (hearing aids) fixed up with all the wiz bang gadgets and WOW, I can hear birds again and the TV. Whole new world.

The irony of this just cracks me up. Thankfully no one appears to be seriously injured. I'm really suprised it took this long for something like this to happen. I wonder if alchohol was involved, no, I guess I don't wonder.

Pedal Pub.JPG

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Ten people were injured after the pedal pub they were riding tipped over in Minneapolis on Thursday, authorities said.

The pedal pub, which is a mobile bar that navigates city streets powered by the cycling moves of its riders, was going down a hill while heading east on South First Street.

The pub was going too fast, authorities said, when it tried to make a turn to the right to go up Fifth Avenue.

The pub tipped over, spilling its riders onto the street. Authorities said 10 people received scrapes.

Pedal pubs have become more and more ubiquitous around the Twin Cities, and in some cases have proven controversial among some residents. Five years ago, the Pedal Pub Company started with just one bike. Now, there are a dozen across the metro.

For months, a Facebook page has been taking complaints about the pubs. The company says it's been trying to meet with those who oppose their business to get a better idea of what else to do.

A Minneapolis ordinance pertaining to beer bikes went into effect in May. They're only allowed to operate until 10 p.m. seven days a week.

10 People Hurt After Pedal Pub Tips Over « CBS Minnesota

Last edited:
I'm halfway through my visit to the town of my birth, and - what a week! :D
I've met my biological mother for the first time since I was born, I've gotten in contact with my biological father's family, I've met people from both families, the nature is outright stunning, people are totally sweet and welcoming, and I'm - to put it short - on the trip of a lifetime here! :D
I'm looking forward to show you guys more when I get home, internet use is frightfully expensive here, so I'll make it quick.
Everyday is a mental positive trip without comparison, and I'm getting to know a lot of people here.
Apparently I'm related to half the city, lol! :D
It's awesome, I love it! ;)

That is great Maria! :D

Sounds like your having a ball Maria.

As for me, got my new ears (hearing aids) fixed up with all the wiz bang gadgets and WOW, I can hear birds again and the TV. Whole new world.

......and hear the neighbours going at it! :lol:

The weekend!! After Dallas, Seattle Sounders play Portland Timbers. In front of a soccer crowd of 68,000 people!! Can't tell me that soccer is dead in the US. :toothy5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back