What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peter Gunn Peter Gunn

300ml white wine vinegar
75g white sugar
1 teaspoon turmeric
5mm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1.5 teaspoon of mustard seeds
0,5 teaspoon of cumin seeds
0.5 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1 teaspoon of English mustard powder
3 teaspoons of corn flour
small diced vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, green beans, onion etc)

have a pan of boiling water on the stove, bring vinegar and sugar to boil.
mix dry ingredients together, add a little cold water to form a thin paste.

as vineger boils thicken with spiced paste, dip prepped veg into water for 30 seconds, drain and while still hot add to other pan and stir in, bring back to boil then take off heat, decant into a jar and leave to cool, then seal with tight fitting lid.

Make sense ?

Peter Gunn Peter Gunn

300ml white wine vinegar
75g white sugar
1 teaspoon turmeric
5mm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1.5 teaspoon of mustard seeds
0,5 teaspoon of cumin seeds
0.5 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1 teaspoon of English mustard powder
3 teaspoons of corn flour
small diced vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, green beans, onion etc)

have a pan of boiling water on the stove, bring vinegar and sugar to boil.
mix dry ingredients together, add a little cold water to form a thin paste.

as vineger boils thicken with spiced paste, dip prepped veg into water for 30 seconds, drain and while still hot add to other pan and stir in, bring back to boil then take off heat, decant into a jar and leave to cool, then seal with tight fitting lid.

Make sense ?
Yes, one question, how much diced vegetables or just eyeball it? Also for the seeds, do you grind them or just toss them in whole?

Also, thanks. :thumbright:

Was able to use free trial colorization soft ware to colorize these. Miss Effie Maud Crippen, Jan.9 1867 to Aug 31,1881.

Attachments

• bf3abda28a44421695801c21f1358d22Compressed.jpg
    bf3abda28a44421695801c21f1358d22Compressed.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 8429286_128720777023.jpg
    8429286_128720777023.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
I should tell you how I was able to get these photographs. Effie on the bridge was found on Find A Grave. The person who placed her picture there has since passed away, otherwise I would have tried contacting them to see more of her pictures. The Portrait was found on one of the Yosemite archive sites. I first found Effie on Jan 31st 1971 when I was a Week worker with YP&C. I had several hours before I would have to catch the bus home and found myself wandering in the cemetery. It was there that I was drawn to one grave in particular, which just happened to be hers. I would frequently visit her where even though she couldn't hear me, I would talk to her. I can't go to Yosemite without stopping to visit her even now. It took 51 years before I got to see her face and still can't help but wonder how angelic her voice must have been. It grieves me that there has been nothing done to preserve the beauty of her marker for posterity as it is the most beautiful marker there. The marker photo is from my last trip to see her and sadly, it has fared poorly over the last 50 years. I couldn't help it, but on my last visit, I just had to tell that God never made a more beautiful woman. In the back ground, the large flat marker is the resting place of Effie's best friend, Florence Hutchings. Effie died Aug 31st and Florence died Sept 26 1881, just a few weeks after Effie died. Both died very tragic deaths. Effie bled to death from a cut on her foot and Florence died as result of a head injury.

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_131727.jpg
    IMG_20221003_131727.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 8429286_128720777023.jpg
    8429286_128720777023.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
  • bf3abda28a44421695801c21f1358d22HiResProxy.jpg
    bf3abda28a44421695801c21f1358d22HiResProxy.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 3
I should tell you how I was able to get these photographs. Effie on the bridge was found on Find A Grave. The person who placed her picture there has since passed away, otherwise I would have tried contacting them to see more of her pictures. The Portrait was found on one of the Yosemite archive sites. I first found Effie on Jan 31st 1971 when I was a Week worker with YP&C. I had several hours before I would have to catch the bus home and found myself wandering in the cemetery. It was there that I was drawn to one grave in particular, which just happened to be hers. I would frequently visit her where even though she couldn't hear me, I would talk to her. I can't go to Yosemite without stopping to visit her even now. It took 51 years before I got to see her face and still can't help but wonder how angelic her voice must have been. It grieves me that there has been nothing done to preserve the beauty of her marker for posterity as it is the most beautiful marker there. The marker photo is from my last trip to see her and sadly, it has fared poorly over the last 50 years. I couldn't help it, but on my last visit, I just had to tell that God never made a more beautiful woman. In the back ground, the large flat marker is the resting place of Effie's best friend, Florence Hutchings. Effie died Aug 31st and Florence died Sept 26 1881, just a few weeks after Effie died. Both died very tragic deaths. Effie bled to death from a cut on her foot and Florence died as result of a head injury.
There are headstone restoration services around, there are some guys that post to YouTube and many times they do resto's for free. For example:

I was reading the highlights for the Cubs win and my seven year old came in and started reading. I hear this voice say "Cubs win again in exciting fashion" and I turn around it's my sweet pea. I think she's done and she starts reading the next paragarph. I was like, wow, she went from emerging to reading overnight. They do grow fast :confused:

There are headstone restoration services around, there are some guys that post to YouTube and many times they do resto's for free. For example:

Unfortunately, her marker is in Yosemite National Park. In 1971, you would hardly have believed that the marker was close to 90 years old.

I was reading the highlights for the Cubs win and my seven year old came in and started reading. I hear this voice say "Cubs win again in exciting fashion" and I turn around it's my sweet pea. I think she's done and she starts reading the next paragarph. I was like, wow, she went from emerging to reading overnight. They do grow fast :confused:

Sure do

I gave my five year old grand daughter a book called Noni the Pony for Xmas and she read it to me. Stumbled quite a bit as expected and had to try some words several times until she worked them out but great none the less. I was very proud of her.

She is desperately trying to catch up to her 8 year old sister in reading and I suspect she might make it too.

Sure do

I gave my five year old grand daughter a book called Noni the Pony for Xmas and she read it to me. Stumbled quite a bit as expected and had to try some words several times until she worked them out but great none the less. I was very proud of her.

She is desperately trying to catch up to her 8 year old sister in reading and I suspect she might make it too.
For boys, get Gary Paulsen's How Angel Peterson got his Name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back