What is a Cafe Racer?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Quite a few have now gone to the shim under bucket valves which are very difficult and require a factory set of expensive shims. Then Harleys idea, no clearence under the tank, so drop the entire engine to set the valves

Quite a few have now gone to the shim under bucket valves which are very difficult and require a factory set of expensive shims. Then Harleys idea, no clearence under the tank, so drop the entire engine to set the valves

Desmos are different they use an actuator to open the valve and another to close it, (no springs) it means you can shut the valves much more quickly and the valves dont float or bounce but you need keep on top of them and know what you are doing. I dont know if youve ever compressed a valve spring but imagine doing it 16000 times a minute, it takes a lot of power

dont harleys have some automatic hydraulic adjustment?

Nice bikes by the way but If I cant pick it up I want to drive it.

That would explain why the Beemer drivers always travel all over the road with the boxers...they're going with the strokes.....

*giggles and runs to hide*

That would explain why the Beemer drivers always travel all over the road with the boxers...they're going with the strokes.....

Beemers and guzzis both do its the torque reaction. People used to race them too I dont know how but they did.

did they race them with sidecars? which werent actually cars but more like a platform. i just got to thinking about that...do they still race that way? was fun to watch.

mike is that your little pull behind camper for the bike??

if you ride this way let me know...or maybe come out for the Reading airshow this year.

did they race them with sidecars? which werent actually cars but more like a platform. i just got to thinking about that...do they still race that way? was fun to watch.

mike is that your little pull behind camper for the bike??

if you ride this way let me know...or maybe come out for the Reading airshow this year.

BMWs were raced as side cars but as normal bikes they won the Barcelona 24 hr race here is a link with a picture

Gus Kuhn Racing 1973

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah, we just need the space.

08_may_legend_06.jpg

If necessary, we'll make the space ourselves. :lol:

Und if zat fails, ve haff ozher meanz orf distrakting ju!
Sehr schön, nicht wahr - Herr Lucky? :D

bikini-BMW.jpg

Last edited:
mein gott in himmel! was is das on zat gelb motorgecycle?

Attachments

• verry interesting.jpg
    verry interesting.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8,415
Last edited:
Bobby, that's what we stay in when we camp. it's a Combi-Camp. the box is 5ft wide by 7ft long. the entrie top opens up and folds down to the ground making a 5 X 7 floored dressing area and a rear 5 X 7 bed. A detachable awning covers the front

Attachments

• Ontheroad.jpg
    Ontheroad.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Lucky, excellent, so therefore it is not an eye problem. Most likely your libido getting in the way. But then again high hopes are a good thing

Hadn't seen this thread till now. There was a firm in Germany who were converting Moto Guzzi Lemans to cafe racers. Pretty expensive but they look really good.
The alloy wheels are replaced with wire and a new tank made among other mods. In our part of Australia we know these as Comeagutzers (slang for falling off something).

The twin from the front or rear looks like a monster without the standard stuff in the way. I think they are called Kaffeemaschines.

Le-Mans-Mk-by-Kaffeemaschine.jpg

moto-guzzi-cafe-racer-kaffeemaschine-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back