What was it about the black crosses on the wings that made German aircraft the best?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The correct question is "would German airplanes still been superior to all other if the crosses on their wings had been red instead of black?" ;)

No, I think the theory is that black crosses make everything superior. The best of the best, most superior of all.

Hell it could turn a Po-2 into the most dominant piston engines fighter of 1945.

Do you have any data or info that helps prove this theory?

Obviously not, or I wouldn't be asking.

We all know the theory, we just need to prove it.
Prove theories in a holy war? I'm afraid that's not realistic. But I can give you some arguments. The Po-2s kept the German pilots awake and terribly annoyed them with their archaic design when encountered in the air. As a result, the mental health of German pilots was severely undermined. This was the main reason for Soviet victories on the Eastern Front.

The question now becomes much more complicated.
The noon remains aloft by the same physical principle, i.e., Black in not a COLOR but a lack thereof. Black absorbs all energy and reflects nothing. Black is therefore, in effect, a energy well. It is also a physical principle that perfect ABSORBERS are as a consequence perfect RAIDIATORS of that energy.
SO.... the moon is actually the color of asphalt. Absorbing the solar energy on the DARK (black) side and radiating that energy on the BRIGHT side that faces the earth. The energy outflow balances the earth gravitational attraction. Thus a moon that "floats" across the heavens.
But I digress....German scientists realized this and utilized this principle in their "black" crosses. The upper cross absorbs energy from the sunshine and the lower cross (in the shade) radiates that energy. Thus the aircrafts weight is partially neutralized. The power of the engine then does not need to provide airflow for LIFT and can be used, for the most part, for MANEUVER.
So einfach, Sie können mir jetzt danken!
With other words, it is because of the speed of dark.

Prove theories in a holy war? I'm afraid that's not realistic. But I can give you some arguments. The Po-2s kept the German pilots awake and terribly annoyed them with their archaic design when encountered in the air. As a result, the mental health of German pilots was severely undermined. This was the main reason for Soviet victories on the Eastern Front.

No such thing as a holy war here. That's been explained already.

So back to the actual discussion…

Lets take your Bf 109 as a case study. How did the Black Crosses make it the most superior fighter built in WW2? Victory could only be stolen from it.

What is also obvious is that black paint is lighter than coloured paint as it lacks the colour. This weight difference is so significant that it increases climbing speed and agility.
Further more it does not reflect radar ( the F117 was black as well, remember) so they were more difficult to detect than British fighters with their coloured roundels.

What is also obvious is that black paint is lighter than coloured paint as it lacks the colour. This weight difference is so significant that it increases climbing speed and agility.
Further more it does not reflect radar ( the F117 was black as well, remember) so they were more difficult to detect than British fighters with their coloured roundels.

Thanks, I did not know that!

The things you learn talking with the guys on the living room couch.

:D

What about the captured airplanes? They had crosses painted on them. So they were the best, too.
Indeed, the spitfire gained quite a bit of invulnerability by painting crosses on them
IMG_1139.jpeg

Now you know why the Dutch lost most of their aircraft in the early morning of may 10th 1940. It was not the low number of aircraft, but it was solely due to those nasty, big, orange triangles on the wings.

Black Crosses > Orange Triangles

Edelweiss > Tulips

Allgäuer Emmentaler > Gouda

Deutsche Fussballnationalmannschaft > Nederlands Voetbalelftal

(Shots fired with the Euros coming my friend… :D )

Black Crosses > Orange Triangles

Edelweiss > Tulips

Allgäuer Emmentaler > Gouda

Deutsche Fussballnationalmannschaft > Nederlands Voetbalelftal

(Shots fired with the Euros coming my friend… :D )
Oh god, coming from a guy who's archaic language has a million useless "Fallen" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back