What was the worst Aircraft of WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would 8)

I think the IL2 was a better plane by far but as far as looks go...the P-108 is better looking than the IL2 (russian planes on the whole are ugly :youbutthead: )

brad said:
me 163 komet 7mins 23secs in the air then out of fule and then eject worring

The Me163 had a ski attached to the bottom that was used for landing...the only time a pilot would eject was if he found himself in trouble

I don't think they had much trouble in them - obviously they ran out of fuel very quickly and had to be guided back to earth but i don't think there were too many casualties...i know the fuel mixture was HIGHLY unstable but when they did explode they destroyed the aircraft completely and the pilot would die instantly - they needed more armour really- if a B-17 gunner got one good fluke hit...its goodbye German!

I don't think they had much trouble in them

Are you kiddin, they killed more german pilots than they did allied, they only shot down 10 allied planes through the whole war...............

the lancaster kicks ass said:
I don't think they had much trouble in them

Are you kiddin, they killed more german pilots than they did allied, they only shot down 10 allied planes through the whole war...............

i thought it was less

I recently saw a story somewhere where the Germans had a Condor fly nonstop from Germany to New York's airspace and back to Germany. Did anybody else see this article ?

IF that condor had completed that trip, it would have had to have been modified with extra drop tanks in some way............

are you sure that actually happend and that wasn't just what they planned to do..................

either the lanc is very good at guessing or he actually could be botherd to look at the previous page for once 8)

the lancaster kicks ass said:
IF that condor had completed that trip, it would have had to have been modified with extra drop tanks in some way............

are you sure that actually happend and that wasn't just what they planned to do..................

Surely if it had flown into American airspace it would've been detected and shot down...? how would it have gotten all the way across the Atlantic without being seen by something (Radar) or someone? the Atlantic is full of patrolling aircraft and ships that would've seen it surely - especially if it was heading straight for the American coast :?:

i'm guessing it took off from france, thus avoiding brittish radar, and i assume the americans didn't use radar 'cos whet with all their bigheadedness, they thaught no-one could get accross the atlantic, and as for the convoys, aslong as it wasn't bothering you, you left it alone in case it did attack you, but if you didn't hurt them, there's a chance they won't hurt you..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back