Which theater of War Would you choose for flying?

Which theater of World War II Would you choose for flying?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

and I'll be there right above you friend with my Me 262A-1a

I see ALL ! :D "Im Schatten des Mundes liegen"

The German prototyped everything to death.........

My god. I wanted to react on a post on the 1st page only to find out there are 25 pages with posts... This site is goin like HELL! :silly:

Anyway, the theater i would pick defenitely is the ETO. And not on the eastern front or Pacific era, but based in the UK looks very appealing to me (its only a dream ofcourse, and when dreaming, u dont see much of the sheere horrors of the "job"...). Also when you'd be shot down (and survived) you would be treated correctly (as can be in a ww2 wartime period). if u would be an russian or german pilot shot down on the eastern front (or an amarican on the pacific front) on enemy territory you'd probably never come back in your home country or you would be coming back in like 1960... however, this is ofcourse just one aspect of why i choose the ETO. I like the idea of a "Gentlemans" war. But as i said, their just dreams (just as we all here like to dream..)

regards

Id go for the Pacific as most of the water is warmer than the English Channel and the North sea, and knowing my luck Id be shot down.

Hell it beats the cold of the East Front, it beats the invasion in the west front, it beats the sand flies of Nort Afrika, and it sure as hell beats the jungles of the Pacific.

I know the Pacific and i would rather be at the ETO,

PTO isn't cold, but its freaking hot and if u get caught by the Japanese or any hostile Asians, hell they would stick a barbecue stick through ur dick or insert many sticks into ur skin and strum it like a guitar or even worse... theres only a little chance that u can get anywhere where they speak good english

Heat is one thing, but humid heat sucks. I have been in the desert in 125 F weather here in California and it was hot, but not unbearable. I have been in Saudi when it was 100 F and 95% humidity and I thought I was going to melt. Plus if you get captured in the ETO, you have a much better chance of surviving the war to get home.

I agree with you. I would rather be in the ETO, I like the climate better in the ETO. Plus you dont have to worry as much about landing in the ocean and never been found when you have engine problems or get shot down. I dont mind a dry heat but the humid heat of the PTO would drive me insane. Plus all the damn mosquitos and malaria. Screw that.

lesofprimus said:
And u'd be dead inside of 5 missions....
:evil4:

Some of you guys make it so hard for yourself!

PBY_Old_and_New.jpg

Pacific theatre for me. Call me hell bent or whatever, but you attack American soil (/ships) WHILE saying your at peace with America, YOUR GOING DOWN!!! That, and I would be able to fly in the same theatre as Bong. ::Salivates:: 19+ aircraft to personal record... now that would be nice, plus I would have to worry too much about my rounds landing in a specific area on a Japanese plane, I could just plug away with .50 cals and watch the fireworks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back