WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay...

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clave, I am trying to pick out a shirt design that is available to members. can you post what we would be ordering? Anything with an allied aircraft? price to me in Australia? cheers, Bill

Is it still possible to get a T-shirt?
I haven't been through every single page to find current links and design...

I'd like the black or RLM70-ish T with the national insignia's on it, and the on the rear 'When in doubt... Minengeschoß' (or Minengeshoss). I live in B'ham UK...

Last edited:
The logo looks really nice for sure, but there is one observation though... If Allied markings are suppose to be above the inscription and Axis beneath it, then Royal Yugoslav roundel should be above the inscription among the Allies don't you think...? ;)

That compilation of Axis and Allied markings were representative of the involved nations as of 1941...I know as time progressed, a number of nations switched sides or ceased to exist as a sovereign entity (even if temporarily)

And in 1941 Kingdom of Yugoslavia was on Allied side, hence the Axis invasion and subsequent dissolution of the country in April of that year.

Yugoslavia had signed a Tripartite pact, actually. As it happens, Hitler decided to ignore it and invade Yugoslavia anyway, much like he did with just about everyone else.

Don't teach me the history of my country could you please mate...
Yes, Yugoslavia had signed a Tripartite pact on 25th March 1941 and was part of it for two whole days. :rolleyes: The pact was effectively annulled by great popular demonstrations and a coup d'état which overthrown the government of pro-axis Regent Prince Paul.
The point is, Hitler didn't decide just to ignore the pact out of the blue (not after he made so much effort to draw Yugoslavia into it in the first place and not on the eve of "Barbarossa"). The pact was annulled by the events on 27th March and Hitler considered it as such. So he ordered the invasion and destruction of Yugoslavia.

All of this places Yugoslavia into the Allied camp since 1941.

Last edited:
Don't teach me the history of my country could you please mate...
Yes, Yugoslavia had signed a Tripartite pact on 25th March 1941 and was part of it for two whole days. :rolleyes: The pact was effectively annulled by great popular demonstrations and a coup d'état which overthrown the government of pro-axis Regent Prince Paul.
The point is, Hitler didn't decide just to ignore the pact out of the blue (not after he made so much effort to draw Yugoslavia into it in the first place and not on the eve of "Barbarossa"). The pact was annulled by the events on 27th March and Hitler considered it as such. So he ordered the invasion and destruction of Yugoslavia.

All of this places Yugoslavia into the Allied camp since 1941.
I am thoroughly aware of all that, so likewise regarding your history lesson. I tried to represent a certain point in time where all the key nations were represented in one way or another.

The reason why I never followed through with the shirt design is because of the problems everyone had in reference to such things as "well, Italy joined the allies late war" or "Finland's 'Swastika' is offensive" or "How come Greece doesn't have an insignia?" or they didn't like Axis nations being next to certain Allied nations and so on...

Therefore, I to hell with it and let someone else take a shot at a design

I believe you did a great job there GG. If at some time when life slows down just a little in my neck of the woods, I would like to assist in the design. I have an artists eye and perhaps I could put forth some ideas?

Hey, I love the shirt. I almost got a babe to wear one at WOH last year. I will be there saturday with my father. I ahve been going with him since the 1970's. I hate the thought of the day when I cannot go with him. We will be there all day Saturday. Let me know it you come down.

DBII

and we appreciate the effort GG!!
Thanks!

I believe you did a great job there GG. If at some time when life slows down just a little in my neck of the woods, I would like to assist in the design. I have an artists eye and perhaps I could put forth some ideas?
You're more than welcome to give it a whirl...there's some really good ideas in this thread! Show us your idea!
Hey, didn't know we had some really awesome member shirts! Is it possible to get a hold of one?
A short ways back in this thread, Clave made some available...you could always PM him and see what he has on hand :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back