Yay or Nay....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
....one of my pet peeves, those high polished warbirds! 🤢🤮👎🏻

Nay....

bf69651abeaf50064db1102e5ca263e9.jpg

Source: Internet

The idea is great, but a polished surface shows up every imperfection, in places that P-51 looks like a kid attacked it with a hammer but I am sure its as smooth as any other presently being flown. A Yay from me.

Usually, restore something, means bringing something back to its original....shape, right....or?
These birds were never this shiny....ground crews would never get anything else done but polishing the sh🤬t out of the machines and there would be no airwar whatsoever fought, because of the aforementioned ground crews, who would've told the poor pilots that if they got their baby dirty....there would be words!

Or worse....☠️

All I say is....get a f🤬cking grip! 😉😆😂

Usually, restore something, means bringing something back to its original....shape, right....or?
These birds were never this shiny....ground crews would never get anything else done but polishing the sh🤬t out of the machines and there would be no airwar whatsoever fought, because of the aforementioned ground crews, who would've told the poor pilots that if they got their baby dirty....there would be words!

Or worse....☠️

All I say is....get a f🤬cking grip! 😉😆😂
Original shape as in bullet holes, hanging by a thread etc.?

I'm pretty sure that you knew when wrote that comment, that it was not what I meant, but I couldn't think of a better word at the time, but shape, appearance, looks (a few suggestions to the swedish word "utseende"), right paint....as they were more than likely not this well polished in their service life....😉😆😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back