Pearl Harbor Attack

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He was responsible for the debacle and he is lucky he wasn't executed for incompetence.

Even if the mistakes were not all his, the guy in charge (usually) takes the blame.

Imagine if "Overlord" had been a huge disaster, and the Allies had failed to hold the beaches, Ike would probably have taken the fall, even if his planning leadership were not the problem.

I may have to go with freebird on this. I've read postive things about him and negative. Not totally his blame but sometimes crap rolls uphill.

Kimmel (and Short) were incompetent. They were warned more than once about a potential Japanese attack and did not take the necessary steps to defend Pearl. Marshall's last "war warning" went out ten days (27 November) prior to 7 December. They are not scapegoats in my mind.

TO

I believe Tora, Tora, Tora was probably the most impressive WW-ll flight movie ever made. The scenes of the Japanese lifting off their carriers, enterring PH airspace were just awesome. I love the scene of the trainer airplane being surrounded by IJN aviation. It was incredible.

TTT is probably in my top 5 favorite war movies of all time.

Kimmel (and Short) were incompetent. They were warned more than once about a potential Japanese attack and did not take the necessary steps to defend Pearl. Marshall's last "war warning" went out ten days (27 November) prior to 7 December. They are not scapegoats in my mind.

TO

Wasn't the defence of HAWAII supposed to be ARMY responsibility?

An couple of interesting inaccuracies in TTT. When the Japanese are flying near Pearl, there is a large cross on the hill. That was erected after the war. There is another scene where you see nurses running on base. Look closely, there is the Arizona Memorial! Not to nit-pick, the rest of the facts were well done, just some Hollywood ****-ups that happen.

An couple of interesting inaccuracies in TTT. When the Japanese are flying near Pearl, there is a large cross on the hill. That was erected after the war. There is another scene where you see nurses running on base. Look closely, there is the Arizona Memorial! Not to nit-pick, the rest of the facts were well done, just some Hollywood ****-ups that happen.

That isnt nit picking, its just a fact that untill recently, movies could only be historically accurate to a degree.

Imagine the studio asking the navy if they could remove the memorial for a bit?

Nowadays, computer graphics can be used to edit out structures that arent supposed to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back