EDUARD 1:48 F6F HELLCAT BINGE BUILD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Still a while to go until the next GB so I thought I would dwindle down the stash: two F6F-5s and an F6F-3 to be built as FAA kites...

IMG_0001.JPG

I'll be doing the top three...

Untitled.png

Innards to be posted shortly

I can barely get to the stuff on my bench let alone the stash right now. Looking forward to this. I built two of these kits and they go together very well though you might need a tiny bit of mud at the wing-to-fuselage joints.

Prepping for paint. The I.P. dials have absolutely no detail so I'll use some Airscale decals. The cowl is in three pieces; I left the front off for ease of painting.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Interesting that in my search for a Tamiya equivalent, my photo from another build shows up

Untitled.jpg

Thanks guys. Did a few additions before I start weathering. Added levers to the throttle quadrant and a radio control panel on the right fuselage half. This is quite prominent and not sure why Eduard neglected it. There were slight changes made to the panel over the -3s life so it may or may not be right for Eduards version.....I dunno

1595183562210.png

I noticed while editing the photos that the panel was askew so raced down stairs to correct it before the glue set

Thankee. Paint mishaps tidied up, glossed, weathered and flatted. As mentioned above, I was going to add Airscale instruments to the I.P. but I could only find Luftwaffe dials....odd. The next brilliant plan was to offer up the spare I.P. decals from the Profipack set; odd that they aren't on the Weekend sheet. That fell through as the colours are slightly brighter than my interior colour, darkened even more with a gloss coat. I ordered some U.S. & RAF dials so this project will be on hold and I'll tackle the Profipack kits with their whacking great gobs of P.E. and resin

IMG_0001.JPG

Before then I'll do a bit more here, engine...

IMG_0003.JPG

....wheel well bits...

IMG_0004.JPG

....and join the wings together....once I get rid of some annoyances that interfere with the fit. Not sure what's going on in the hexagon, no parts go there

IMG_0005.JPG

Thanks guys. Apologies to Eduard. I'm not sure how I missed it; maybe because the canopy crank beside it is already molded into the fuselage. Here is the radio receiver panel

1595281321640.png

A pain in the keester to remove the scratch one as I use tube glue to attach it. I'll have this installed shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back