How's it running? Feedback

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Incredibly slow to upload images and navigate the forum recently - probably just my internet connection?
Is it all the time that you have issues? Or was it just around the time you posted?

The site is backed up at 12:15 AM and 12:15 PM every day. And for a few minutes around that time the site slows down. I see you post was at 12:17AM which would have been in the middle of the backup.

Amazon is giving feedback too.

Capture.JPG

Had a couple of sessions loading slowly, but that could be my computer.

I do prefer Firefox for it's Bookmark features but this site wouldn't work properly there for quite a while so I use Chrome just for this site. I believe this site works OK on Firefox now but with Firefox crashing a lot I'll stay on Chrome for this site as I am here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much

Is it all the time that you have issues? Or was it just around the time you posted?

Hi David.
Seems to be an on and off problem and I'm certain now it's at my end. I'm using Firefox and the PC has a USB "thingy" connecting to the wireless. It was cheap. :(

Cheers.
Graeme.

Graeme, try swapping to Chrome for a while. Firefox was causing me grief as well. The odd thing was, it was just for this site. I had no problems with other sites.

Graeme, try swapping to Chrome for a while. Firefox was causing me grief as well. The odd thing was, it was just for this site. I had no problems with other sites.

Thanks George - gave it a try but not much difference.
Then....
I checked out the modem. My autistic son has a PC next to the modem. My PC is 20 metres away with that wireless thingy in the USB. Turns out the modem must be placed vertically, I guess for better reception, but my son doesn't like it upright and places it flat. We had words and now upright - the speed is super fast.
Fingers crossed.

Cheers. :thumbleft:

IMG_1170.JPG

Runs superbly wel1! A terrific job! Not even Firefox's insane changes can screw it up. Nor do the ads.

Only "problem" is the jerkiness that occurs when page loads, imposed by things like the extensive artwork embedded in the Wayne Little post. But that happens EVERYWHERE and is no worse than any and far better than some.

Agree with above. I have one minor glitch and its probably just me. Every second week I'm in the hinterland where the internet is sketchy at best. When I get home I have up to eight pages of catch-up. To do this I hit the little blue button(yellow arrow) and more times than not it takes me to the last post I read. However, there are some threads pages long that I have never been to or haven't been to in a long time and when I press the little blue button it bypasses everything and takes me to the last post of the thread. I am under the assumption that the "Go to first unread message" means go to my first unread message. As I said...a minor glitch

upload_2018-4-1_7-21-43.png

Thought I'd weigh in on the site's situation.

Fantastic all the way around - the variety of buttons in the toolbar to navigate to various areas in the forum as well as the alerts function are super.
The speed and consistancy of the site overall is great...it's really been a long time since the forum was this reliable.
And the Artakus...seriously. You guys rocked the Artakus!!

Thanks David, I'm glad you like it. The theme is also quite a bit lighter than the previous one. And it's good to see you back.
Thanks Marcel!

And it's good to be back - I honestly missed the gang.
Lots of negative things have been piling up since the wreck and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight. With the frustrations I was having with the forum at the time, compounded by the situation at home, I just threw my hands up in the air.
I should have made my way back to the forum before Charles' passing but time simply got away from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back