The real combat history of the Ki-43

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess that is a difference between you and me.
Me, when challenged to prove my claims, I try not just to say 'it is in book XYZ, look it up', but strive to provide the exact page number and/or quote. If I can provide a primary source, this takes precedence over a book someone has (or has not).
I don't try to dismiss (while standing on the high horse) the people that might not have the book(s) or other resources that I have, and value that sort of challenge instead of making passive-aggressive assertions towards the forumites asking pointy question.
Foolish. There are many differences between you and I, not just grammatical. I forgive you. You don't have the sources obviously. Nice try though.

Foolish. There are many differences between you and I, not just grammatical. I forgive you. You don't have the sources obviously. Nice try though.
I would also argue that primary sources are not accurate in this instance. Secondary sources are better. Although I expect you mean tertiary sources. My information (which I am sure I explained that I am willing to give you) are an interrogation of all three. My horse is not high... yours is a Shetland pony. Give it up. I am more than willing to exchange information, anger will get you hits in the forum but b-all else. It's a great forum (as you know), I found it through references from TOCH. Calm down. I am too old to waste time unless you can provide contradiction rather than argument.

I agree, as far as I know the P-51A never encountered Zero fighters either. They faced Ki-43 and got the worst of it.
You may be right "Mr Hickock". I think the Shores et al. books on Burma "Bloody Shambles" highlight these encounters, and more importantly give information on losses both sides. I have them and if you press me will mount an expedition to the loft to provide information, but I am sure there are other forumites will save me this task. Kelso (in the borders of Scotland) is 50 miles from me. I shall ask them about you :)

Both of you calm down. Knock it off with the snide comments and insults. This is the only verbal warning. Understand?

Damn, for being "so old" it sure is like a Kindergarten in here sometimes.
Interesting. Dear "The Eagle is landed" (what a curious name) I am happy to remove myself from the discussion. And the forum if you think it is appropriate. I felt I was responding to challenges on the veracity of my interjections. I do not believe that anything I have written has been inappropriate but am willing to accept your decision. Except that your warning about "Kindergarten" comment is ridiculous. Are you childless? Old men do argue about stuff. I suspect most of the forum might find that offensive - or should do. I certainly do. As an educational professional and a military veteran your forum has given me a lot of information about my interests but, as you have been clear, I must follow your rules.

he has hit the ignore function so your posts will not be seen by him when he logs on, probably because you are coming across like a pompus ass, calm down a bit, you'll enjoy it here more.

and maybe last longer.
Yep "Rochie". You are what you are. Lets not bother. Once again your spelling and grammatical errors shows your education. I am sorry because there's stuff I found both interesting and informative. Luckily a few forumites have been in touch asking about the "ignore" response and I will be able to find the information I want :)

Interesting. Dear "The Eagle is landed" (what a curious name) I am happy to remove myself from the discussion. And the forum if you think it is appropriate. I felt I was responding to challenges on the veracity of my interjections. I do not believe that anything I have written has been inappropriate but am willing to accept your decision. Except that your warning about "Kindergarten" comment is ridiculous. Are you childless? Old men do argue about stuff. I suspect most of the forum might find that offensive - or should do. I certainly do. As an educational professional and a military veteran your forum has given me a lot of information about my interests but, as you have been clear, I must follow your rules.

Adults argue in a civil manner without acting like a child with childish insultsz

Something you still don't understand with obvious insulting manner of responding to me.

You get a 7 day thread ban from this thread. Further infractions may warrant a forum ban.

Yep "Rochie". You are what you are. Lets not bother. Once again your spelling and grammatical errors shows your education. I am sorry because there's stuff I found both interesting and informative. Luckily a few forumites have been in touch asking about the "ignore" response and I will be able to find the information I want :)

Actually, this personal attack warrants a forum ban. Good bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back