**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been knocked out myself for the past week Paul, not flying crow bars though but drop bears, habitual problem in Oz!!! Seriously though, the Spits looking good, the bench even better and heaven knows how great the workshop looks.

Take care of that concussion Paul, maybe we should club together and get you a pommy WWII tin hat.

Vic, here's a couple of shots that demonstrate my philosophy of "organization".
As for the desk, I usually have about a square foot or so that I work on, the rest... well, let's call it "storage".
Clean living and pure thoughts, that's my motto.
Drop bears...
I have been informed that a bit of Vegemite behind the ears keeps them away.
Not sure if it's behind your ears or the bears, but either way...
Thanks for the offer, I've got my old U.S. "piss-pot" around somewhere.

misc13.jpg

misc14.jpg

Nice space Paul, looks well used. Is that a Wildcat I see in the cabinet? I think Terry may have spotted it too.

Nice space Paul, looks well used. Is that a Wildcat I see in the cabinet? I think Terry may have spotted it too.
Why, yes,... yes it is. That fine product of the Grumman ironworks is an excellent example of American engineering and is one of the proud displays of my collec....
Oh, wait, did you say Wildcat? Yep, I got one of those too...

I managed to knock the left landing gear off again...
I'm pretty sure that there was another reason to post this picture, maybe after I see it, I'll remember

spit-40.jpg

I'll try again

Last edited:
The Spit's lookin great!:headbang: Hope the noggin's doin better.
Thanks, I am not sure, (after a total of 10 concussions), of what better or even "normal" is, but I appreciate the sentiments.
My sister started keeping track after my third shot to the head at the age of 8, (chunk of ice fishing house that my brother blew up), I had forgotten several of them until she reminded me. 10 is her count. Thats 2 from my colliding with a fixed object, 2 from people that thought I would benifit from the experence, and 6 from flying/falling objects.
Liberal application of alcohol keeps the headaches down, and oddly enough, I've never gotten one because of drinking. (Concussion that is, I've had a few headaches from drinking.)
I am applying the last of the weathering to the Spitfire, and will be attatching the wind screen and such...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back