**** DONE: 1/48 Yak-1b Lilya Litviak, the VVS - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, I shoulda thought about it a bit more, I woulda done just that since this is the last plane she flew. I guess I go more for Klean, mainly cuz I never done weathering before, before my Brewster, but that one is a little extreme.

Wurger, forgive me for being a little katty. I find it strange no definitive pictures exist of her planes, or even a sketch of her "rose". Or even camo layouts, but then would they have followed that in the heat of battle! I can imagine it being pretty hectic in them tractor assembly plants. I press on to the finish. I thank you and appreciate your input.

Bill

No problem Bill. It's OK. I think that the reason for the lack of images of her aircraft is the Russian propaganda system. It was more important to show people as examples of bravery than machines that were of really mass production. On the other hand, all soldiers and their equipment were threated as one-time thing. One pilot+one aircraft+one attack+one death was something common. To be honest one pilot who flown and got back to base one was good. The same guy was very good when did it twice and could be awarded with a decoration. Doing it more times he became suspected and NKVD kept an eye on him. Kidding a little bit of course but not too much. So who would take care of collecting of camo schemes, pictures etc.... especailly if all was top secret.

20a camo.jpg

20b camo.jpg

Well, it's painted all over...........
S couple finger nail scratches to repair and ailerons to paint. But now I can get on with it and maybe finish this little thing. The black is kind of a soft black if it can be described that way. I do realize the red and green markers are way to big. There was a cut out at the wing tip and I just filled it up with tooth brush handle. Oh well........ eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the gun sight is in, conopy is on, prop assy glued up, lndg light in and cover on, ailerons are painted.
Landing gear and doors, flaps, and odds and ends are next.
Then deckles!

Gett'n there.

Attachments

• 21a.jpg
    21a.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 21b.jpg
    21b.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 107
Wayne, let me know what you think of it.
Rochie, thanks for that.

I made the mistake of painting the canopy frame black! Bugger.

Padded tape like sparkies tape works ok too Wayne. Yours is a 1/32nd size, I use that one on my B-24.

Now I have noticed NO painting on the tips of the props,
as well as NO decals on the blades in pictures I have seen.
I may take out a fine brush and touch up the frames.
Anything else someone might see needs correcting, or adding???

It's looking very good Bill, and I'm sure you can re-paint that canopy frame without too much trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back