**** DONE: GB-49 1:48 Spitfire Mk.I - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a quick correction Geo - OTU is Operational Training Unit, meaning the Unit, although under training, could, and would, undertake operational sorties, albeit normally in "quiet" areas.

You're welcome Geo.
I had the honour of meeting "JAS" Storrar during the 50th anniversary celebrations of the Shell House raid, in Copenhagen, in 1995. Sadly, he passed away a couple of weeks later, and I attended the funeral - the church, and village, were packed, and Police control units were on hand to handle traffic diversions !
I also had the pleasure of meeting "Ginger" Lacey a couple of times, back in the 1980's.

Thanks Hugh. Major paint work is now complete and again the Oramask worked flawlessly. What I've done is once I cut out the needed amount, I detack the tape about four or five times on my palm. Transfer the tape to the area I want to copy. Cut out and then remove the tape. I'll then detack three or four more times and then place it on the model. I don't press it all that firmly on the model. I do use a round tooth-pick to ease the tape into the panel lines. I did get some paint lift on the fuselage band and this was with Tamiya bendy tape, about 1.5²mm. I was a bit worried about the 30+ year old Model Master but it weathered the storm

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Just a quick correction Geo - OTU is Operational Training Unit, meaning the Unit, although under training, could, and would, undertake operational sorties, albeit normally in "quiet" areas.
One of many reasons pilots with very few hours ended up in combat. What were thought to be quiet areas, weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back