**** DONE: GB-60 1/72 Me 209 V-5 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fuselage closed up. I drilled out the nose guns. I also cut the elevators and rudder off so I could pose them deflected. I was going to do the flaps as well but couldn't find any pics of how they would look. The wings fit pretty good with minimal mud needed topside. Underside is a different story. Needs lots of mud and sanding to get them to blend in with the fuselage.

Me209 (21)r.jpg

Me209 (22)r.jpg

Me209 (23)r.jpg

Into the paint and beyond. I fixed up the gap in the lower wings so they blend in nice with the fuselage. Re-scribed a few panel lines erased with sanding. Now the paint mystery, The instructions show an RLM 74 mottle over an RLM 75 on the whole upper surface. So far I have not found any pictures where the upper surfaces were painted in this way ? I'm going to do a traditional pattern with splinter camouflage on the upper surfaces and mottled affect over the RLM 76 on the sides. I don't want this to be a "what if" build but wow, the info is sparse !

Me209 (25)r.jpg

Me209 (24)r.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint1.jpg

Some paint progress this weekend. I decided on RLM 74/75/76 as the paint scheme and used the splinter pattern on the upper surfaces. I;m not entirely happy with the mottle on the sides but I'm going to let it go. I can spray nice small areas with my airbrush but it tends to get all finicky as I go along. Time for some better equipment maybe....Santa?........

Me209 (26)r.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back