Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would it be the Boeing XF8B? I think I can just make out a trace of an air scoop below the cowling and if I can then everything else fits.

I was sooo close. A nice plane though it should have a few Hispanos instead of the .50's.

Krabat

Gloster Meteor F I "Trent"
In March 7th 1945 a Gloster Meteor F I (EE227) was sent to the Rolls-Royce Plant at Hucknall for installation of two R.B.50 "Trent" turboprop engines. EE227 was selected because it was already fitted with an enlarged wing spar so the new engines could be fitted with out to many problems. The RB-50 "Trent" engine was a Rolls-Royce Derwent turbojet engine fitted with a forward drive shaft, a reduction gearbox and a Rotol five-bladed propeller of a diameter of 7' 11''.

Six month later on the 20/10/1945 at the airfield at Church Broughton the Gloster "Trent" took to the air for the first time with Eric Greenwood at the controls, making the first flight of a turboprop powered aircraft in the world. A number of problems were found with the prop wash and directional instability,the "Trent was returned to Hucknall were these were fixed and the aircraft was flying again by March 1946, later smaller Rotol propellers were fitted.

In April 1948 the "Trent" Meteor was transferred to the Navy for testing, as they were interested in the use of turboprop aircraft for deck-operations. On the 22/9/1948 the aircraft was returned to Rolls-Royce, were it was restored to it's original condition, then being returned to RAF Farborough were it was scrapped in June 1949.

another pic

Attachments

• Trent_2.jpg
    Trent_2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 166
I can´t figure out what´s actually is it. A racer, a mock-up, a drone, a taxiing drone?? Any hint, please...

Hi Emilio.

It's a test bed. For the Allison V-1710.

It's from a 1978 article on the history of the Bell P-39 Airacobra. The men in the photo are Bell employees, but the aircraft is a Consolidated product. It was eventually built and flown, but according to the article, no full-length photos of the completed aircraft are "known to exist".

Nevertheless, the name of this aircraft exists in the history books.

It's the Consolidated ..-...

Yes waynos well done its a Burnelli design the CC&F Loadmaster

Sorry the last pic is an early burnelli aircraft

Attachments

• burnelli 3.jpg
    burnelli 3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 176
  • burnelli_CBY3.jpg
    burnelli_CBY3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 247
  • burnelligx3.jpg
    burnelligx3.jpg