Aircraft Identification V (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Used to see the Optica regularly, it looked right somehow, odd, but right. The Hampshire Police crashed the one they trying out just up the road from me. The plane got the blame, but, if I remember rightly the CAA decided it was being flown outside it's envelope.

Used to see the Optica regularly, it looked right somehow, odd, but right. The Hampshire Police crashed the one they trying out just up the road from me. The plane got the blame, but, if I remember rightly the CAA decided it was being flown outside it's envelope.

Interesting. I remember reading that it had a very troubled financial/business life, including at one point, arson.

I thought I might try to sneak one in Graeme :) , well done guys. The Optica came out when I was at school and I was fascinated by it.

This ones a nice picture,

2718L.jpg

Yes thats it Graeme, I wondered if the engines and nose shape might make someone think twice. Taken from the net.

I concur with kk89 on the XP-80, but that is a sneaky edit :)

Sorry Graeme but Yesterday was my first daughter birthday, so I was out of the net but Youre rigth it was an Roussel 30.
So I think Youre rigth too with the hs124 and Waynos and Arson (I guess) with the XP80

XP-80? (Halford -Goblin- powered, smaller, first Shooting star prototype) AKA the "Green Hornet"

I concur with kk89 on the XP-80

You guys should know me better than that!

No, it's not the XP-80.
It's not a product from Lockheed.

Wayne that's an interesting photo. I think it's the high altitude version of the Myasishchev Bison, the Project 28 (2M), but I didn't know it was built(?) or reached the mock-up stage...

"Project 28 -- To overcome air defenses, a high-altitude version of the M-4 (project 28) was studied but not developed prior to the in 1960 to shut down the Myasishchev OKB."

M-4 / Mya-4 / 2M, Myasishchev 'Bison' - Russian and Soviet Nuclear Forces

Yes, thats the one Graeme. Its the full scale mock up of the Myasischev M-28-2.

If yours is not the P-80 in some form I'm currently at a loss having already dismissed the XP-54 and Canberra. Clue?

If you like Russian projects, I'll see what I can do Graeme. Yes, the M-28 is from my own library. I'll stick to the guideline about nothing less than at least a mock up being posted, starting here;

iuytr.jpg

Not entirely sure Wayne, but I think this is what a lot of "authorities" in the late 50's and early 60's called Faceplate...

But is in fact the precursor to the MiG 21, the Ye-2...?

I really love soviets planes too, but sometimes it´s difficult distinguishig such subtle details amongst so many I and Ye prototypes, but I would say this is a Mikoyan Gurevich I-75 prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back