Ontos's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Eric, I'm trying to widen my choices of what to shoot between air shows, Julian is a wealth of photo ops. Thank you for the compliment Wayne, greatly appreciated.

Nice bit of work there Merv, new an old guy once who did this sort of art in his retirement and then at 90+ got tired of doing it and took up copper beating, he was 98 when I met him many years back.

Also love that barn door with what I take to be branding iron burns.

I just finished reading a book about the sinking of the USS INDIANAPOLIS (CA-35) and for some reason, I was moved to do a tribute to the crew of the ill fated ship. I just felt like I had to do something in their memory so I decided to do this burn of the proud USS INDIANAPOLIS.

Attachments

• USS INDIANAPOLIS (CA-35 A)-7379.jpg
    USS INDIANAPOLIS (CA-35 A)-7379.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 89
Thanks Aaron, I really appreciate that, cheers my friend.

I went and dusted off my macro lens and decided to play with macro photography, the shot with the forks was taken from a tutorial by Bryan Peterson, not as good as his but it was fun to play with. I thought I would try and see how a string of pearls would do in macro. I used a green cellophane paper for the background for both shots and my 430EX II Canon Speedlite for the reflective lighting, on the forks I also used a orange gold paper to reflect some of the light onto the forks.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated, always trying to learn. Cheers

Attachments

• Forks C.jpg
    Forks C.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Pearls B.jpg
    Pearls B.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I do like that USS Indianapolis picture Merv, it was not long back that I got me the kit of this ship along with a whole load of detail parts and am so looking forward to doing it when time permits.

Also love the two study shots, with the green backing they both stand out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back