Ontos's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great shots Merv !
That Humming Bird pic is exhibition quality, and I reckon would sell very well as a poster. The Avenger shot is very well captured too. Always like the ungainly-looking Bird Dog too - could have picked one up for around £9,000 about 18 years ago, although I don't know what life was on the engine, prop or airframe. Think it was sold to someone in France eventually.

Thanks Airframes, I greatly appreciate your more than kind comments, some day I dreams of some day getting a web site and sell some of these but I face reality and know it's not going to happen. I know nothing about business or web sites. I just enjoy taking the shots and being surprised at what comes out.

Here is a burn I just finished of a Virginia Barn, Aaron one of yours if you can recognize it :)

Attachments

• Virginia Barn.jpg
    Virginia Barn.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 45
Merv, have you thought about contacting existing companies who publish photo artwork, posters etc?
Of course, they probably get loads of similar enquiries about buying work from photographers, just as book publishers get loads of unsolicited manuscripts, but it might be worth a try. Worst scenario is a 'No thanks', but it could be a 'Let's have a look'.
Might only result in a set fee, but it's a start.

Another very gratifying thing to do with exceptional shots like that Hummingbird, is have them printed and framed!

It's one thing to review it on the computer or even post it online, but when you have a photo printed and framed, it just amplifies the photo's cool factor x100.

Believe it or not, Walmart offers good photo print services at great prices and then frames and mats can be found for good prices at places like Michael's. Keep in mind, that photos from a DSLR have a different finished size than traditional film photographs and the frame industry has not fully embraced it (yet).

Thanks VB, well Aaron I did take a little artistic license with the back ground, your shot had a lot more trees in it and darker, I just put in a little morning mist with just a few trees.

Here was your picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1194%20cropped%20resized%2025%20legal.jpg
    IMG_1194%20cropped%20resized%2025%20legal.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back