Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I have only served sind 2000 but this deployment to Iraq has done it in for me. I was in Kosovo for 10 months then came home for 3 weeks and went to the field, then went to PLDC school for a month, then back to the field and then one month later went to Iraq. After seing my wife for only 2 months over the last 2 and half years I decided I am done as soon as I get out of Iraq, well atleast a year after I get back I will be done.

I took an extended Med Cruise that lasted 7 1/2 months, which included Somolia operations, and when we finally came home, it was for 2 days before I was sent into Haiti for another 4 months.... It was horrible... See my wife and kid for 2 days in a year??? Comeon... How much can a husband and father take????

No the mini guns are only used by the 160th Nightstalkers special ops aviation group. All I get to play with is a M-60D machine gun. Just like the old ground 60 but it is modified for use from an aircraft with a butterfly grip and a circular sight, both similar to the ones used by gunners on bombers in WW2. I wish they would give me a minigun I could tear some **** up with that.

Yeah some not as much as other units (knock on wood). Pretty much as a utility aircraft we try to stay clear and haul balls when the shit hits the fan. The Apache guys though see it day in and day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back