Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The belts are simply amazing Wojtek!

I'm intrigued by the cockpit colour a bit which you said in an earlier post was RLM 02. Although I never rely on colour accuracy of photos under different lighting conditions, I did note that the trim wheel, ammo boxes and the area under the MGs appear to be a different colour which I would have thought to also be RLM 02. What colours and paints did you use for these different areas? On my screen, the cockpit looks a bit brownish compared to the MG area.

Thanks!

The belts are simply amazing Wojtek!

I'm intrigued by the cockpit colour a bit which you said in an earlier post was RLM 02. Although I never rely on colour accuracy of photos under different lighting conditions, I did note that the trim wheel, ammo boxes and the area under the MGs appear to be a different colour which I would have thought to also be RLM 02. What colours and paints did you use for these different areas? On my screen, the cockpit looks a bit brownish compared to the MG area.

Thanks!

Yes you are right. I used another colour for that. Although cockpits were of RLM02 that was an olive brown-green in fact, the engine and armament departments look always darker. I think that the olive tonality of the colour was fading because of the temperature and air going through these areas. What is more it doeasn't matter if you don't want to show these departments opened. So I used Humbrol 31 for that like the kit manual suggested.
Also you are right the Humbrol for RLM02 looks just a little bit like the Brown one. But when the gloss and matt varniches were applied its tonality got more correct one.

THX Harry. :)

The next step was to attach these seat belts to the pilot's seat. So I stretched with warm a piece of the kit sprue. Then I drilled thin holes on sides of the seat and glued into them two plastic short sticks.

Attachments

• ps4.jpg
    ps4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 306
  • ps4a.jpg
    ps4a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 302
You'r welcome. :)

Then I put these seat belts on these sticks. Using an heated steel bar I made something like a rivet. The warm stretched sprue has a nice feature of trying to get its previous shape.When it is thin enough and not too long , it gets the rivet "head" shape firstly.

Attachments

• ps4b.jpg
    ps4b.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 303
  • ps4c.jpg
    ps4c.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 313
  • ps4d.jpg
    ps4d.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 305
My wife did ... young padawan. :lol:

Last edited:
THX Gents...:)

The way of attaching of a such parts makes a possibility of their movement.This lets set them at a proper place.

Attachments

• ps4f.jpg
    ps4f.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 302
  • ps4e1.jpg
    ps4e1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 287
  • ps4e.jpg
    ps4e.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 296
THX Mates. Appreciate. :)

The fianl product.