Sherman Firefly Mk. Ic 'Hybrid Hull'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Too see if I can get the inspiration back up and running again, I've decided to start on Dragon's hybrid hull Mk. Ic Firefly....
Workload, weather and no heating/hotwater, really messed it up.
As never really built a tank before, it should be fun...I hope.
Anyhoo, have test fitted some things, would this be a good way to go, glue these together and paint them or, how do you guys do it?

DSCF0002-130.jpg

Looks interesting Jan but I have no idea. I've never done one either. You've got me wanting to do one now but I'm going to stick with the planes for a while. Hope you get the juices flowing again man. :thumbright:

Looking good old chap. I normally paint the road wheels, and especially the tyres, before assembly - it makes access easier later, depending on the set up of course. On, say, a Panther, these can be done at any time before fitting, which is usually as late in the build as possible. With the Sherman's VVSS bogies, then it's easier to paint the wheels, and the bogie assemblies, then assemble the wheels / bogies.

Right.....well, these wheels are easy enough to gently get out of there, they're not glued, as I wasn't sure how do this...seem like it was a smart move (I know, I'm surprised too)....cheers lads!

Did them all tonight...

DSCF0004-110.jpg

I'm actually gobsmacked by the texture moulded into the glacis. I always wondered why Dragon kits were so dear, but now I'm beginning to understand...

Vallejo's Model Air, Khaki Brown acrylic paint # 024, would that be correct for this one? Will get that one together with some other stuff from Modelhobbies if so...

Still to get one of their 'Zimmerit' molded kits, said to be good! 8)

Tooling around some more.....now, R/R me thinks.

DSCF0001-147.jpg

DSCF0002-132.jpg

Now, as they don't offer anything plastic solution for the thingmajigs for the lights, I need to find something with the right shape and bend these....oh well.

DSCF0003-130.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back