1:1 Spitfire K9817 Cockpit Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I always thought an 'issue' was something you got at the QM Stores, or the next month's aviation magazine....

At last a bit of progress. 3 full days work I had set aside turned into two half days..but never mind.

Before:
ll1.gif

The completed Landing Lamp Unit:

LLUNITF1.gif

LLUNIF2.gif

I am half way through a respray of the interior to this new green colour..still not quite right but as close as I am going to try to get.

I spent a lot of extra time on the LLU because of the great pictures I had access to. Thanks mate!!

It is a nice looking unit and it looks great mounted under the panel. I just have to do a legend for it and finish the painting in the area and it can go back in. Pictures then!

The radiator shutter lever has been ditched and I have ordered another which will look spot on and work of a pot for controlling radiator shutters (or cowl flaps in GA aircraft Thunderbolt etc.)

More soon hopefully.

Darryl

The ducks nuts mate.Your handiwork is improving:) Yes the green looks a lot better to me.Yeah I agree time is something to fight against these days..Keep going.

Thanks mate, I'm getting more confident with more complicated bits that "function" I've always been fairly safe with bits that just "look" and don't actually do something.. ..this was my first spring tensioned handle and feels exactky like operating a bowden Cable's lever. PLEASED!!

The green looks a bit more "apple" under the flash..I would be happy if it looked like that under natural light but it is actually a bit flatter and darker...such is life.

Yeah I agree time is something to fight against these days..Keep going.

Tell me about it!! You should see how long it takes to get a door latch made :p :p :p :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Might not keep you out of mischief, but it keeps you out of the pub....!!
The green doesn't look too bad mate. If it's darker in 'real life', then it's been used a lot operationally, hasn't it?!!

Terry,

good thought. I find it difficult to put into words just how much I am over trying to match that green!!

Dingy dark and well used on the inside is how it will be then...thanks for easing teh conscience of an old man!

Old??!! Daft b*gg*er --- you should know by now that you're only as old as the woman (or women) you feel....!!!
Pass me another 20 year old, this one's asleep! (Oh dear! How very un-PC !!!!)

Old??!! Daft b*gg*er --- you should know by now that you're only as old as the woman (or women) you feel....!!!
Pass me another 20 year old, this one's asleep! (Oh dear! How very un-PC !!!!)

Well, I try not to feel women anymore...not since the court case.....***:lol::lol::lol:***

Actually, my wife is a month older tha me (AND sleeps more)

Tell me about it!! You should see how long it takes to get a door latch made
Oi I resemble that remark..Cheeky blighter..Check your bits out here.We are mass producing them.. :)
Spitfire Project A58-27
Honestly no stress on the colour.Will try find a pic of the throttle plate we have,it is original and has three different shades on it.All the pain goes away after you accept the fact your insane :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back