1:1 Spitfire K9817 Cockpit Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Darryl. Careful with that pencil thingy - two strokes = de-icer, six strokes = a pretty picture!!

6 strokes would be a very bad stick man for me Terry!! I couldn't draw a bucket of water from well!

Ross, no worries mate. I couldn't do anything with it at the moment anyway.

Cheers Glenn, I did pinch a bit of time tonight to stat the Landing Lamp Control as my second "flap lever" arrived yesterday. I'll post some progress on that soon

Thanks Tony,

I will get you to organise me a rudder trim mate, thanks, I'll PM tomorrow.

Gnomey, cheers for that I have just got home from Perth where I picked up the De-Icing pump and had the controls altered for the new, bigger pots. I still have to do some surgery on the throttle tomorrow but almost there.

I made a start on the Landing Lamps Unit and will post some pictures tomorrow. Gwyn turned me a couple of endcaps which have made life much easier.....I NEED a lathe!!

Now, bed..been a VERY long day.

Last edited:
Well, I had to work today in the end.

I've managed tonight to test the pots and they are all working fine now. So a solid day, when I can find one, should have it all back together and ready for the monitor tray to be built.
Landing Lamp Unit is progressing but I will have to put up pictures during the week...bed time.

Mate I hate you.Now look what you have made me do.. :)
Had all these spare Spit stuff around.Now I just have to do something with them...:shock:

Attachments

• Ross 2009 086.jpg
    Ross 2009 086.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 130
Oh dear Ross,

Not sure what it is...but you definately have it too..

Did you get the rash as well???? :) :) :)

Can't wait for your progress. The instrument panel looks fabulous....I'm jealous already!

LOL will definately get the rash.My sinuses and sawdust don,t play well together.Probably why I like playing with metal.Instrument panel is a reject as the waterjet didn,t pick up the radiuses properly in the square cutouts.Waste not want not :)Maybe this will be a project that I "will" finish.

A couple of late night sessions to save my sanity:

camsel3.gif

camsel1.gif

camsel2.gif

I used a red light for Port Camera, Blue for Oblique and green for Starboard. Not sure what colour they really were, probably all red? Anyway, I'm happy enough.

I'm not at all happy with the label but when I get a minute I will impose on Chris's good nature yet again. I will also need him to do a couple of labels for the Lamp unit.

Also a bit of a start on the Landing Lamp Unit.

The handle is spring tensioned and feels very like operating a bowden cable..it is not/won't be linked to any electronincs, just there for the look of it. Gwyn turned an endcap for me. I made the rest.

ll1.gif

ll2.gif

ll3.gif

More later, late now.

Thanks guys moving slowly at the moment.

Unreal attention to detail.:)

My wife calls me @nal retentive, obsessive and mule stuborn.

I like the way you say it better!

I'm not completely happy with the top of the unit, I may cheat a bit and have it laser or CNC Cut.

No progress this weekend but I will hopefully have some time next weekend.

Last edited:
Oh well, Glenn, at least you have your health......:lol:

A very much improved label and some minor alignment "issues :rolleyes: " fixed.

camseltop.gif

camsellabelnew.gif

I am fairly sure from the very indistinct photo in the PR Pilot's Notes that this is how the label is laid out. It is blurry in the notes and can't be read but the white smudges fit with how the label now looks.

Still not perfect but I'll live with it.

I also have done the data plate for the front...absolutely no idea how this should look but I've just copied details from Camera and Radio data tags I've seen and put on a nice A.M Crown.

camseltag.gif

It is printed paper but shines like a silver tag with the gloss varnish over it. I am still waiting for t to dry (the second one after my impatience ruined the first :evil:) and then it will go in above the Toggle Switch on the front. I am guessing that is what the "box" is above that switch on Andy's copy of the A.M drawing. drawing.

more soon.....

Oh, and the next person who uses that monsterous modern euphamism "issue" around me to indicate a problem will severely regret it :twisted::twisted:

Last edited:
Looks the biz mate. from what i remember seeing some time ago, the camera selector lable is correct, no problem !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back