1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope, this sinus virus has nocked me out.

Just sat down to look at the wires, and they are all loose again in the struts. Will have to replace all ofem AGAIN! I am ata loss. Is there a slightly elastic thread that can hold the tension????? Like the rubber for antennas????? This really is getting old. Somethin has to work, and I don't know what. I thread thru the brass sleeve, then thru the loop set in the strut, back thru the sleeve, draw the sleeve to the loop and drop some super glue in the sleeve to set the thread. When that is set I do the same on the other end, adding just enough tension to make the thread straight. Snip off the loose ends and should be done. But they just seem to come loose.

My old MIL is in the hospital, oxygene up to 6 liters a min with clogged lungs, a fibrosis. The wife has same thing I do but she's still going to work, then visiting her mother, then home and drops to the floor exhausted. BIL is coming up Sat in case the old woman doesn't survive this episode, so we have to entertain him.

Just Not goin my way on this one.

Bill, there is an elastic thread that is a sort of milky white that I have, If you want I will send you some if you think this will help. It kind of looks like catgut and stretches quite well and would be about the same dia as your using now. Text me if you want some.

I have no problem granting an extension for Bill. He's busted his chops long and hard on this one.

Hope he gets the rigging sorted out.

Charles

I've come across some Strong Stretchy thread, .2mm diameter. Like a rubber thread..........
Has anyone used this before???? For beading.
Going looking for some tomorrow evening.

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
- A. Lincoln
Sept 30, 1859

Users who are viewing this thread

Back