1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
I do tend to go a little astray with my methods. Guess it's my machine design background, and making "jigs" for fabrication. Case in point, below.

I made a jig for the floats. Distance between pins in the front struts, 43mm. So I set two locating rails for each at 43mm centers. Easy done as said as the inside of one to the inside of the other is 43mm. Then set the other 10mm out and the floats sit comfortably between them. Some bluetac and the sit fast. The little block at the back I put the Step of the float against so the were in-line. I hogged out holes for the rails between them, and the criss-cross tubes. Glued them in place and the pins of the struts just fell in place. I'll have to do some filling the gouges at the ends of the bars and tubes. Then I will put the buckles in the struts for the wire bracing and I hope to be ready for paint overall.

I sailor on, sorta.

Attachments

• GB22 26a.jpg
    GB22 26a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 86
  • GB22 26b.jpg
    GB22 26b.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 90
  • GB22 26c.jpg
    GB22 26c.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 93
  • GB22 26d.jpg
    GB22 26d.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 80
This plane is coming along by leaps and bounds. This is going to be an exceptional model ! Not being a scale/plastic modeler, I can only marvel
at the lengths you people go, to get the accuracy you desire. I stand in awe.

Charles

So this afternoon I got the floats attached.................. pop the champaign!

Attachments

• GB22 27a.jpg
    GB22 27a.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 80
  • GB22 27b.jpg
    GB22 27b.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 83
Rework already............. bloody wires. These string bags can drive a grown man up a wall.

Nothing worse than a sag in the wires.
Tookem all off the tail. Changing approach to the method.
Pics when I is afinished!

Waaaaay too much credit mate.

So here's the reason Why I am replacing the wires.
Next the method.
Next the underside finished!

Was gone part of the day making a patern for a 1.6 meter diameter RAAF roundel for our C-47 at HARS.

So it ended up an all day project changing these buggers.
Shoulder Thursday so I will be painting and decaling with me old wing in a sling!
I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 28a.jpg
    GB22 28a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 81
  • GB22 28b.jpg
    GB22 28b.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 84
  • GB22 28c.jpg
    GB22 28c.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread