1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, very much appreciated all your comments.

Today fitted the engine cover. Edges had to be sanded a bit to come even with the side panels. Notice some white over the prop, it was a bit shallow there so had to add a bit of styrene to make it flush. Have to look a bit closer at refrence photos to see if the top cover is split.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 18.jpg
    GB22 18.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 60
Mike, it is catching.................. never used the things I have gotten Adicted to in here....... Baaaaaad examples they are.

And accuracy.......... why oh why. Sometimes it's the most disturbing part of these builds. One could spend a lifetime researching before building. Then in My case, it's almost After the fact. I have been awondering about the "wires" between the wings.

Then I just now found LSP forums (Large Scale Planes). Turns out they are in fact flat rod! I have found thirty nine photos of Real airplanes on their site. And it is confirmed with pictures. Amongst other things, a photo of one out of the water on Two dollies, with cast iron wheels. The top cowling is aplit in two, front to back and the top air intake is attached!

Here I go again......... cut it of, put it on!!!!! dammit.

Seem to remember seeing those shaped rod/wires before Bill, thick at the front and tapered back, aerodynamic thinking possibly.

Got to agree about the MG/Cannon as well, once bitten…………………..nothing else will do even if there is only a little peek-a-boo out the wing or nose.

No idea how I can possibly make a shaped rod at this scale. May have to settle for round styrene sticks.

Nevertheless I've been at it today. In the bunch of photos I found, the compass in the wing is actually behind a ring, and has a shround over the top. So styrene at work again.

Did a couple of tie down rings on the bow of the floats. Paint next.

Drilled holes in the side panels for the exhausts. Just to ensure better adhesion. Filed the top ends to fit the holes. Then glued them to the backing brace, not to the side panels, that will happen After painting.

I sailor on

Attachments

• GB22 19a.jpg
    GB22 19a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 69
  • GB22 19b.jpg
    GB22 19b.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 70
  • GB22 19c.jpg
    GB22 19c.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 71
  • GB22 19d.jpg