1/48 Macchi 205, Adriano Visconti of 1st Sq 1st Gr.C.T. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Wayne when I saw Dan today I mentioned that you must of played around with this kit at one time.I have been working on the engine and started laughing because of the fiddley fit sanding a 4" c-clamp crushing it(just kidding) :) but yea she will be......Good one Kevin....looks like a bit of a challenge though? .So it shall be Wayne but I am thinking the engine might not be half bad.I am going to build best I can and if it sucks go buy one :D.Cheers Kevin

Why did I know it would be a challenge?....cause I got the C202...:D

I knew you been around this manufacture :lol::lol: and you know what Wayne I really was laughing to myself this F$%cker knows something when I was building that engine. ;)

Last edited:
I worked some more on the engine today she has 12 individual exhaust stubs "Oh out the tweezers into the gray carpet" I shall leave out the next installment of words :).So I said screw it and bought and Aires engine today still no stubs but I have two set in the spares box that look pretty damn close.Kevin 1 model 0 ;) Kevin

Go ahead and say it Wayne whahoo :) I screwed up :)

Attachments

• m205 001_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    m205 001_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 156
  • m205 004_edited (800 x 607).jpg
    m205 004_edited (800 x 607).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 147
  • m205 005_edited (800 x 599).jpg
    m205 005_edited (800 x 599).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Now Wayne and Wojek are you guys not noticing the improperly mounted S/C on the kit engine?? I did not catch it till I had the Aires kit and then went WTF?I knew something looked wrong just could not place it for some reason.Well maybe I get started on the other engine,maybe this W/E,I have to write the evals on my employees this W/E also.Cheers Kevin

If I were you I wouldn't mention it at all. Now we can say YOU SCREWED IT UP TOTALLY...!!!!. How do you feel?

Last edited:
I've built that one, it was a tough build all the way, poor fittings...

really nice when done though

I have Aires engine complete except for paint.The exhaust were donated from a Spit I think though not correct entirly still better than the kit and maybe more correct.I had to cut the engine bearers and shorten them about .020" it would of happened with either engine in place!It looks like some work might happen today with most of engine compartment being completed.Pics....

Attachments

• m205 008_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    m205 008_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 151
  • m205 007_edited (800 x 648).jpg
    m205 007_edited (800 x 648).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 146
Thanks Dan,I got the engine painted,engine bearers painted and attached.I started on painting and cutting the resin pit up but be doggone if I see how the walls and IP mount to the tub at the moment.I think it is quit time,give it a look later.CYA Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back