1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III 'Friday the 13th' No.158 Sqn RAF, Lissett, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Sir!

The upper surface work looks good Daniel, have you had some paint run under the tape?

Not under it , just a messy line , Il post some pics tonight of the results . One side wasn't too bad the other isn't quite acceptable

All good mate ,

Managed tonight to scrape the paint off fairly accurately/cleanly to where the clear parts would show through, given time an acceptable result will be achieved
. In this scale Il be able to get away with it , just .

If not, Il get a vacform set . Whole set of clear parts for the kit was pretty sh!t in the first place so thought of doing that originally , maybe well do it now

Il get those photos posted tomorrow of the bad masking finish

Glad you saved things Daniel. Give the turret a coat of Future/Klear, or whatever it's called in the Land of the Long White Cloud - should help a bit.

Cheers guys , removed the masking this afternoon with dissapointing results. Gonna need either a total respray or maybe Il be able to pull off a clean up

OH DAMMIT

:lol::lol: That sounds like something I would of pulled off.Lookin very good otherwise Dan.Cheers Kevin

Thanks guys , Cheers Evan for the link mate , may yet use it

Pics: The pics I promised

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 89
Bit of a bummer on the masking Daniel, all I can think of is a thin rolled out Blu-Tack strip to help make the wavy line with paper pressed onto it. Gives a nice soft edge to the colour change but is prone to leaving a slight residue where the Blu-Tack connects to the kit.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Should be easy enough to do a touch up by hand with a fine brush as the matt black should go flat and hide any brush marks
just take your time and don't overload the brush.
Good luck and a steady hand with the touch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back