1/72 Westland Wessex HAS 31

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wonder where they all ended up?

A few came over here , to do helli-logging .Most are stll doing that .The owner apparently brought up the worlds spares of these aircraft all to be told he couldn't use them (forget the reason why? didn't have the correct manuals or something)

Here in Christchurch , a Mk.60 ended up sitting in a carpark advertising for the local booze shop (pic attached)

Rest assured, this aircraft has a bright future , the local place ( where my Mossie is ) has aqquired it for future restoration . Said to have been 1 of 3 that participated in some movie , nobody can be sure though which one did the flying ( forget the name of the movie :oops:)

Btw Nice shots Gray and progress Parsifal!

Attachments

• zkidlpk7.jpg
    zkidlpk7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 108
Nice pic Daniel, and good to hear it's going to be looked after. If it's an ex- Brit machine, the movie might have been 'Full Metal Jacket', filmed in London's docklands, standing in for Viet Nam!!

Thats it mate , and a good movie it is too

Didn't know it was an ex-brit machine

Cool!

( hoping Il get to work on it)

some progress shots. Not the best, i admit, but at least the model is still in one piece. As you can see have started the decal applications, and have not yet painted the rotor assembly

Attachments

• Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 110
Great pics Gary and I like the short history on 84 Sqn, I've a couple of pics of me floating someplace when crawling round an 84 Sqn Beverly many, many years ago.

P, the Wessex is looking great
:hotsun: :hotsun:

I use acrylic Harrison. I have only just started to spray the models as well, but this model suffered as a result of some last minute problems i encountered.

My problem is that whilst i can get a pretty good finish initially, I tend to muck up the paintwork as I put the bits together. Poor eyesight and impatience are the main problems.

Hopefully I wil get a better result with the next model

I was an air crewman in the U.S.N in '61 and we used the round engined ones in HS-4 San Diego, and USS Yorktown CVS10. I was air sonar. I have seen the kit in 1/72 scale, I sure wish there was one in 48th. great effort. cheers, Bill

Attachments

• Yorktown_1961-62.JPG
    Yorktown_1961-62.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 105
N45, Revell had a 1/48th scale kit of the Wessex available once, which will no doubt be re-released eventually (I hope!). Of course, being a Wessex and not a Choctaw (or whatever name/number it might be listed as) it had/has, the longer nose for the turbine engine.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the kind words. I should give an update at this point. I had a bit of a disaster just after the last photos were taken. I thought I was applying clear lacquer, but instead applied undercoat which ruined the paint job and decals. After that I had to put the thing in storage, due to a new job, and now a house move. I was despondent at the stupid mistake I had made3. However, I hope to restart the finishing of this model in about a months time.

Regards

Parsifal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back