A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I want Trumpeter to do a Gannet COD Mk4, as it was rumoured they would some years back! Xtradecal have a cracking sheet for it, but I think bashing my Revell As Mk1/4 might be a bit of a tall order. The only 1/72 scale COD4 out there is by Czechmaster - resin and 36 notes, so a non-runner for now!

Thirty six quid for a 1/72nd scale kit of a medium sized aircraft!! I'd want it bl**dy gold plated for that price!
But then, with a limited market, and short run, they have to charge to get the return. Or not bother making it in the first place!
Years ago, I remeber at least three different Gannet kits in 1/72nd scale,and different marks, by Frog (later taken on by Novo), and the others by companies I can't remember, one probably Matchbox, much, much later. Of course, then, in the late 1950s / early 60s, they were still in service, so more of a market for the model. I recall using one just for the radome, to convert the Frog Shackleton to the AEW 2 !!

I must admit I'm sometimes tempted by Czechmaster - they do a good range of late Spits and Seafires in 1/72 but they're all around the 25 quid mark, and I just don't have the skill or cash to justify it.

I gather the conversion from AS4 to COD4 mainly involves deleting the radome, but that is a fair bit of work and I wouldn't want to risk trashing my reduced-to-8-quid kit in the process :lol:

I would like to see more WW1 stuff on release - Revell do a decent 2.99 range, but the other players are really Airfix (old moulds) and Roden (8-10 notes for a tiny single-seat fighter). I am thinking of going Roden, but only after I've practiced on the cheap stuff first 8)

Thanks Wayne. I don't really have an interest in the Sea Vixen, which was announced over a year ago, especially as it's going to be a ridiculously high price. But I am interested in, and have been waiting for the Spit MkXII - about time too !
Just wonder what's happening with the 1/48th scale Vulcan shown as a test shot at the trade fare in Germany about 18 months ago ......
And I wish Airfix wouldn't keep discontinuing kits... was going to get a couple of the 1/48th Spit Mk1s, but now they've turned it into a MkVa, at a higher price, but still with the parts for the Mk1.

Yep! I've been waiting for someone to do this forgotten mark in 1/48th scale, and almost got exicited when it was announced a couple of months back. That's virtually all marks covered now, as the othes, if not in kit form, can easily be converted or cross- kitted. The mark XII was a bit more involved to convert from existing kits though, and there's no longer a conversion set available. I'll ceratinly be getting one, and hope it's up to the improved standard of the more recent Airfix releases.

We have the 1/32 Ju 88 BoB, the He 111 P BoB / france will come , why not a 1/32 Flying pencil (Do17)? Would be nice this sleek airplane.

T

Agree with you about the Do17 Thomas. I wonder if Revell have one up their sleeve for next year?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back