A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison Texas has a Stuart.

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpeg
    IMG_1788.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Related to the Stuart....V8 powered instead for a radial, if I remember correctly! 🤨🤔
I built one back in the day, late 70's, after been to the cinema watching Race With The Devil, not exactly a movie that you take your 8 year old to....I probably wouldn't even be let in today! 😉😆😂
Yip, got one in the stash of the right vintage....1977! 😎

IMG_20240421_172804.jpg

IMG_20240421_173303.jpg

Related to the Stuart....V8 powered instead for a radial, if I remember correctly! 🤨🤔
I built one back in the day, late 70's, after been to the cinema watching Race With The Devil, not exactly a movie that you take your 8 year old to....I probably wouldn't even be let in today! 😉😆😂
Yip, got one in the stash of the right vintage....1977! 😎

View attachment 775078

View attachment 775079
I so remember that movie, Fonda and Oates!! What a combo!

Trip down memory lane...
Me at 12 (at left, with brother Paul and sister Anne) with an M3 Stuart Hybrid outside the Waiouru Army Museum, New Zealand. Pic is dated Feb 2, 1986.
She was gutted inside, and the lower rear plate under the hull was missing, so as kids we could crawl under her, climb in through the empty engine bay, and enter the fighting compartment via the empty transmission cavity. Even as a kid sitting in the driver's seat, I was surprised how small she was inside.
20240421_234210.jpg

10 years later...
Possibly the same Stuart, modified to represent General Freyberg's command tank (37- mm gun removed to create more space in turret for him, false 'pipe' barrel added to look less conspicuous).
It had been displayed inside for a North African Campaign exhibition I saw in about 1988/89, but had been moved outside by the time of my last visit to the museum (and to New Zealand) in 1996.
20240421_233953.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back