A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd like to thank my agent, Mr Bertie Swettishperson, for pointing me in the right direction, most of the time, the production teams at Amazon, WH Smith, P&S, and others (you know who you are,lovies), and, of course, Argos, for providing the latest book case. I really don't want .. er.. need, I mean need, this award, as I have run out of space for book cases, let alone bl**dy stupid awards. And it looks nothing like Kelly Brooke anyway .................

Just delivered....

DSC_0968_zps9znevamr.jpg

DSC_0969_zps07fkcccs.jpg

DSC_0967_zpscd5prv4y.jpg

Have to say, with the Macchi C.202 Folgore book, it finally hits home what a beautiful machine she was/is.....and that Italian camouflage and those marking......

Nice one old boy. I might be asking for some reference pics, as I've just accepted a commission to build a Stirling diorama, together with a painting.

This one arrived today. In 'as new', pristine condition, and only £3.99 !
BUT!!!
Imagine my surprise and delight when, on turning to the title page, I found these signatures !
Signed by the author, Chaz Bowyer, and Gp.Cpt 'Hamish' Mahaddie, PFF, at the 1990 Pathfinder's reunion !!!!

Attachments

• Buys 359.jpg
    Buys 359.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Buys 360.jpg
    Buys 360.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 61
Nice one old boy. I might be asking for some reference pics, as I've just accepted a commission to build a Stirling diorama, together with a painting.

This one arrived today. In 'as new', pristine condition, and only £3.99 !
BUT!!!
Imagine my surprise and delight when, on turning to the title page, I found these signatures !
Signed by the author, Chaz Bowyer, and Gp.Cpt 'Hamish' Mahaddie, PFF, at the 1990 Pathfinder's reunion !!!!

Tell you what, since I'm in a generous mood I'll give you 8 quid for it and double your money! How's that sound? Do we have a deal? :)

Thanks chaps, I am rather pleased.
And Buff, I'm trying to think of the right words to reply to your generous offer. One of them, I think, might be 'Off' ...............

What's the Little Bighorn book like? I visited the battlefield last summer - simply amazing! Read Donovan's outstanding "A Terrible Glory" about that infamous battle. Would be interested in your thoughts on the Lakota version that seems to be the focus of your new purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back