Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dear carson,
digging in my little collection of Aerofan paper magazines (and PDFs), the only mention I've found about C.M.A.S.A. BGA comes from issue 1/1982, where, in an article called "A medium bomber for the Regia Aeronautica" regarding all prototypes proposed to R.A. by italian manufacturers following the specification issued in 1934, there are only these two little paragraphes on BGA:

And:

In that article there are also a photo (the middle one) and a profile for that machine:
CMASA%20BGA.jpg

CMASA%20BGA%20profile.jpg

I'm sorry I can't help you more...:|

Cheers :D

Hi Marco
thanks very very much you were extremely helpful much more than you think. I owe you!
carson:D:D:D

Heinkel He 274 built in France? I t may have had a froggy name too but I regret I cannot recall it.

Incidentally, the Tabor never did fly, the Barling bomber was basically the Tabor rebuilt in the USA with the engine arrangement (the root of the outcome of its disastrous attempt to fly) fixed.

Hi Waynos
so I was right when I detected with my post #3848 a certain family air between the american Barling and the Tarrant Tabor...
cheers
carson

Absolutely Carson, btw, are you ok with the Miles Student that you asked me about when I was at the footy? Rotherham won by the way :D

Can't remember if we've had this before or not?

ghghg.jpg

Absolutely Carson, btw, are you ok with the Miles Student that you asked me about when I was at the footy? Rotherham won by the way :D

Can't remember if we've had this before or not?

ghghg.jpg

Yes Waynos I'm OK with the Miles Student and thanks very much for your help and for the time you took.
BTW I'm a fan of Piero Magni and Marco just beat me on identification of the Vale....
carson

Excerpt from Italian Civil and Military Aircraft by Jonathan Thompson.
Unfortunately, no photo.

Thanks very much TW for taking the time of sending through the article on BGA (Bombardiere Genio Aeronautica), now my information on this aircraft is complete having received additional pics from Marco
carson

Last edited:
Hi Marco
sorry to bother you again.
The third (bottom) picture of your post #3859 of yesterday's date makes reference to a twin engined Savoia Marchetti aircraft. Now I can't read very well because I'll be having a laser treatment soon on my left eye whose vision is now impaired: is it Savoia Marchetti S79B or S798 (?).
In spite of my googling I found no information whatsoever on the net.
Maybe you can cast some light on it?
carson

PS I think these threads are interesting for anyone eager of knowing earlier elusive italian aircrafts.

Sorry to bother you again Waynos
I recently opened up a thread called " MAI aircrafts (Moscow Aviation Institute)" with a view of finding out the aircrafts planned and eventually built by the a.m. Insitute.
I think this should be a rather interesting subject but sofar I received no replies.
Somebody suggested you might have some data about them....
Look forward hearing from you at your earliest convenience
carson

Hi carson,
that plane was the S.79B
I think you well know the twin-engined version of S.79 exported to Iraq and Romania...;)

Cheers

Thanks Marco
now it is clear. Of course I'm aware of the twin engined S79 produced under licence in Romania IAR-JRS/79B but your pic seems to have a solid nose whilst all the pics I have show it with a glazed nose.
Cheers
carson

Thanks Marco
now it is clear. Of course I'm aware of the twin engined S79 produced under licence in Romania IAR-JRS/79B but your pic seems to have a solid nose whilst all the pics I have show it with a glazed nose.
Cheers
carson
Yes, the glazed nose is there, I think you can see it better in this zoomed in detail :D

muso%20S79B.png

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back