Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep...:lol:

To continue... for removing of the stamp trace I used a drop of Superglue and some of plastic sawdust I gathered when scratching the engine cowling. Later I sanded the area to take a correct thickness and shape of the part.
Then I have removed all overflows from both parts of the tail wheel leg.. Unfortunately the set-pin for both parts doesn't allow to set them correctly. So I made the seat of the set-pin more longer in order to have a possibility of proper fitting. The effect in pics below.

Attachments

• tw1b.jpg
    tw1b.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 344
  • tw1c.jpg
    tw1c.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 330
  • tw1d.jpg
    tw1d.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 331
  • tw1e.jpg
    tw1e.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 342
  • tw2.jpg
    tw2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 331
I put these halves of the wheel fork together.Unfortunately there appeared a gap between the tail wheel leg and the half of the fork..I filled the gap with some plastic using a small styrene plate and Superglue.Then cut off the plastic excess and sanded the area.

Attachments

• tw5a.jpg
    tw5a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 322
  • tw5.jpg
    tw5.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 312
  • tw4.jpg
    tw4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 331
THX Gents...:D

Looking at these wrist-pins of the fork , the Airfix made for rotary of the wheel. I have gotten an impression it wouldn't be enough to keep the model weight. So I got an idea of making an rotary axis. I made the 5mm long axis of an injection needle of a correct diameter.Also I used the needle for shaping of these pins. When finished the effect looked like in pics below.

Attachments

• tw5b.jpg
    tw5b.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 319
  • tw5c.jpg
    tw5c.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 307
  • tw5d.jpg
    tw5d.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 303
  • tw6.jpg
    tw6.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 316
:D THX.

And finally I have made a dry assembling in order to check if all parts of the tail wheel fit properly. All was OK.So I painted it and put away into a box.

Attachments

• tw7a.jpg
    tw7a.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 295
  • tw7.jpg
    tw7.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 288
  • tw6b.jpg
    tw6b.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 295
  • tw6a.jpg
    tw6a.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 306
THX Mates. Appreciate....:D Additionally the tail wheel axle was settled with Superglue at the end.

Having almost all outer details finished, I started assembling fuselage. The first step was the cockpi interior. There are four main parts comming with the kit. The cockpit floor, the front cross-section , the main landing gear seatings and the rear wall. All parts are moulded nicely except the piece with the main landing gear slots. The part needs to be cleaned. I have put all parts together.Looking at the assembled section I noticed the floor was to large at the back area comparing to the rear cross-section.

Attachments

• ci1.jpg
    ci1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 266
  • ci1a.jpg
    ci1a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 276
  • ci1b.jpg
    ci1b.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
THX Vic. :D

Because something ,what is too large or sticks out, usually doesn't fit correctly I have sanded down the floor edges at the area.Just in case.

Attachments

• ci2c.jpg
    ci2c.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 262
  • ci2b.jpg
    ci2b.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 274
  • ci2a.jpg
    ci2a.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 261
  • ci2.jpg
    ci2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Thank you Pal. :)

My work on the fuselage of the model has been started with removing of all irregularities and stamp traces. Initailly I was scratching both halves at the area with a scalpel blade.Then I used sandpaper of two grades.

Attachments

• fus1.jpg
    fus1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 273
  • fus1a.jpg
    fus1a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 263
  • fus1b.jpg
    fus1b.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 266
THX Mates..:D

Here finished inner surfaces at the cockpit area.

Attachments

• fus1c.jpg
    fus1c.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 251
  • fus1d.jpg
    fus1d.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 280
  • fus1e.jpg
    fus1e.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back