Airfix Hs 129 1:72 scale decals.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
I bought an aftermarket decal set that is confusing me. The version I am doing shows on the port side a black chevron, a black slash, then the luftwaffe cross then a black triangle a yellow stripe and the tail. How should I do the starboard side ? Should I start with the chevron nearest the tail like you would with most letter and number sets ? Or should it be a mirror image of the port side. I've been searching the internet and it shows both ways ???? Which is most accurate ?
Thanks, Graham.

Most of the He-129 markings I have seen in pictures so far , had the black triangle applied between the LW cross and the yellow band at the tail. The layout was kept for both fuselage sides.

Hs129-1.jpg

Hs129_2a.jpg

Hs129_2.jpg

Hs129_3.jpg

Hs129_4.jpg

Hs129_5.jpg

However, it could be as seen here ... but it seems to depend on a squadron and the period of time

Hs129_6.jpg

Hs129_6a.jpg

Anyway I would say that the starboard side of your model should be marked in the way you can see in the profile.

Hs129_profile.jpg

Last edited:
It's not an aircraft I know that much about, but I think Wojtek is correct when referring to the last profile, and the orientation in general.
The black triangle marking is a continuation of the marking used on the fourth Staffel of Jagdgeschwadern, formed as a fighter-bomber Staffel within each Gruppe, and is therefore a 'standard' marking, just as the bars or welle were.
This marking was always placed aft of the fuselage cross on both sides, with the individual aircraft number (or letter, in this case) in front to of the cross, so it would make sense that this practice was continued in Panzer Schlact Gruppen, although, as can be seen from the photos, and as sometimes happened in the JG(Sch) Gruppen, there were exceptions.

Excellent !! Thanks the very last picture ( artwork) is thevery same one I am building. The one thing I did notice was the use of the chevron and bar. No where have I seen it placed anywhere but forward of the cross regardless of side. Thanks again !
Graham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back